The Student Room Group

What's the worst way of breaking up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bongboy6969
This happened to me and it sucks ass

Paying for a holiday, and being excited about it for months and months.

Night before the flight?

No show.

On the morning of the flight she tells you that she will meet you at the airport.

No show.

I should have turned around and gone home, but as I had been dropped off by mum (who spent about 4 hours to get me there) and was too embarassed to tell her that "the girl I had been seeing for 3 years, the one I was treating to a holiday, who you had treated like a daughter, has just dumped me. I know you've done about 2 hours on the road back home, but I need you to turn around and come get me"

my mum isn't too understanding, and would've made me feel even worse for being such a dumb ****.

Needless to say, I spent 10 days in Amsterdam, by myself.

If they didn't sell pot, I don't know what I would have done.

But yeah, those 10 days were the most lonley I have ever been in my life. Being in a foreign country, just being dumped and being stoned out of my mind was not a good combination. :frown: I litrally spent the entire time in my room smoking/wandering the streets of amtserdam.

The worst thing is, whenever my mum called, I pretended that I was with her, and we were having a great time.

To this day, my mum thinks we broke up AFTER the holiday....

I couldn't get a refund for her ticket or change the hotel room....so I spent like £800 on the worste holiday of my life....if only she told me earlier I could have taken a friend? what a ****

This ex has recently been trying to get in touch with me, and although I was waaaay into her, i'm not sure I could let someone so unreliable back into my life.

OUCH.

:console:

I was gonna say when guys take girls to posh restaurants to break up with them and then the girl starts crying and screaming and ...the embarrassment, the uncertainty with the check, the awkwardness, why would anyone do that. but you man, ouch, that's worse.
Original post by Sabertooth
OUCH.

:console:

I was gonna say when guys take girls to posh restaurants to break up with them and then the girl starts crying and screaming and ...the embarrassment, the uncertainty with the check, the awkwardness, why would anyone do that. but you man, ouch, that's worse.

Yeah it sucked....to be honest just bringing it up is getting me angry....:angry:

Thanks for your sympathy! :wink:

sabertooth, how are you anyway mate? You probably don't remember me, but I was having some tough times last year, and you gave me some really sound advice! good to see that shoulder is still there for me to cry on! :tongue:
Original post by Bongboy6969
Yeah it sucked....to be honest just bringing it up is getting me angry....:angry:

Thanks for your sympathy! :wink:

sabertooth, how are you anyway mate? You probably don't remember me, but I was having some tough times last year, and you gave me some really sound advice! good to see that shoulder is still there for me to cry on! :tongue:

Yeah, I can imagine. What a ****ing bitch. :s-smilie: Least you didn't pick somewhere typically romantic like Paris, you'd have been bored ****less as well as lonely. :biggrin:

O rly? Glad to hear I helped you out, and yep it's always there I like being useful in some way. :smile: (no I'm sorry I don't remember though :colondollar: which is pretty embarassing)
We were having a conversation in RS about this once and my boyfriend at the time made it VERY clear that he would never break up with someone over text, it had to be face-to-face so imagine my surprise when I not only got a break-up text but I got absolutely NO reasons! (I eventually found out when my best friend kept asking him for me cause he wouldn't speak to me). Proper bastard!!
Reply 104
After doing the hanky panky.
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, I can imagine. What a ****ing bitch. :s-smilie: Least you didn't pick somewhere typically romantic like Paris, you'd have been bored ****less as well as lonely. :biggrin:

O rly? Glad to hear I helped you out, and yep it's always there I like being useful in some way. :smile: (no I'm sorry I don't remember though :colondollar: which is pretty embarassing)

I may have been anonymous. so don't be embarassed! your a good guy, remember that!:smile:
Reply 106
Sit on her iPad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending