The Student Room Group

Abusing 'easy' power

Tonight my flatmate got thrown out of a club which we go to regularly, quite aggressively by two bouncers less than 30 minutes after entering because he'd apparently had too much to drink. My flatmate is a bit of a wild dancer, he was dancing his way to the toilet (his usual antics) and two bouncers grabbed both his arms, aggressively dragged him out the side entrance and pushed him onto the street... They wouldn't let him back inside for his jacket even though he had the ticket for the cloak room deposit either and laughed with each other while he tried to explain it.

The worst thing is that he hadn't even had or bought a drink yet! It's ridiculous that while I was on the dance floor there were two lads verging on fighting right next to us. The majority of bouncers are general bastards imo and thrive on their 'easy power'... I can understand why they might have thought he was drunk, but the way they behaved towards him was more ridiculous. Funnily enough the same bouncers were quite intimidating towards us at the front door.

Anyone else had any bad experiences with bouncers? Or people with 'easy power' in general?
(edited 13 years ago)
It's because they want more girls in clubs, so they find tiny excuses to stop guys entering/throw them out. Friday and Saturday nights (particularly Saturday nights) can get pretty bad.
Reply 2
^ As above.

Also they're just dicks.
I got kicked out tonight as well, some god ugly woman in her late 30's said I was harrassing her just because I kept rejecting her advances. God I hate Friday and Saturday nights.
Original post by -Invidious-
I got kicked out tonight as well, some god ugly woman in her late 30's said I was harrassing her just because I kept rejecting her advances. God I hate Friday and Saturday nights.

Never heard of someone getting kicked out for that. :curious:
No i've only had bouncers sneek me into clubs their pretty awesome to me so far.
Reply 6
Your mate was probably acting like an idiot. I hate people who draw attention to themselves in clubs.
Original post by xobeauty
No i've only had bouncers sneek me into clubs their pretty awesome to me so far.

You live Toronto, Canada. This is a predominantly British forum. Go figure.
Reply 8
Original post by Teveth
Your mate was probably acting like an idiot. I hate people who draw attention to themselves in clubs.

Dunno, if you can't be a bit harmlessly drunk and silly in a club what's the point?

bouncers seem to be increaslingly coming down on harmless people having fun - used to be just the proper troublemakers who got booted out.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Never heard of someone getting kicked out for that. :curious:

Im guessing she said I was harrassing her to get back at me, I dunno? Bouncers always take the side of the women.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
You live Toronto, Canada. This is a predominantly British forum. Go figure.

Who said im living in toronto right now tho?
alright then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending