The Student Room Group

Searching For Study Aids

Hi everyone, like most of you I have exams in a few months/weeks and recently I have been looking ways to improve my study.

Particularly I have been looking into study drugs/pills that can help me focus come revision time. I understand there potentially is a lot of danger involved when you mess around with these sorts of things.

A friend of mine has told me about the use of Ritalin (the drug used to help kids with ADHD) to increase focus, but after some quick online research I read a few articles discouraging the recreational use of non-prescription Ritalin. I also saw similar warnings attached to Averall (check spelling).

My question is does anyone know of any SAFE substances/pills/whatever you want to call them that can help improve your study/revision, particularly improving focus for longer periods of time?

Thanks, Andrew
Reply 1
Original post by andrew300591
Hi everyone, like most of you I have exams in a few months/weeks and recently I have been looking ways to improve my study.

Particularly I have been looking into study drugs/pills that can help me focus come revision time. I understand there potentially is a lot of danger involved when you mess around with these sorts of things.

A friend of mine has told me about the use of Ritalin (the drug used to help kids with ADHD) to increase focus, but after some quick online research I read a few articles discouraging the recreational use of non-prescription Ritalin. I also saw similar warnings attached to Averall (check spelling).

My question is does anyone know of any SAFE substances/pills/whatever you want to call them that can help improve your study/revision, particularly improving focus for longer periods of time?

Thanks, Andrew

Have a look at piracetam
Reply 2
Asleep by midnight, up by 8 and a good strong coffee and breakfast.

Have a break for lunch and get some fresh air and away from your books for a bit then you'll feel naturally more alert and relaxed when you go back to them.

An impending deadline helps, too.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice on good sleep, regular diet and coffee (not something I have tried yet).

Afrancism, do you have any further information or experiences on Piracetam? I did a quick Google search and found effects like "increases performance on a variety of cognitive tasks", "enhance verbal memory" and "improves brain function." Also there is the advantage that it is available without prescription and is unregulated in some countries which points to the fact it COULD be relatively safe (or disadvantageously it could just be uninvestigated).
Reply 4
I can only say that piracetam is a prescription drug in the UK, so unless you're importing from outside the UK I wouldn't recommending buying it.

Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, and Pramiracetam, are significantly more potent than piracetam. It's purported that pramiracetam is 8 - 30 times stronger than piracetam (a big variation - I blame wikipedia!).

Noopept is a new supplement developed in Russia which is based on the racetam family of medicines, and it 1000x stronger than piracetam. It's really new, and isn't available in many places in the UK. Nootropica.co.uk supplied it but there website is office - not a great sign - and Intellimeds.co.uk currently supply it, which is where I get my supply from.

It tastes awful, and isn't available as a capsule as the dosage is so tiny. Take it with strong juice or on a piece of fruit - that's my recommendation!
Reply 5
Great, thanks for the tip. I'll look into it and get back to you on my experience.
Reply 6
I have used and am now using Piracetam again at the start of my A2 year, there is a definite improvement in cognitive performance.

I'd recommend Piracetam over other racetams such as aniracetam or oxiracetam etc... because it has had actual research put into it along with a track record of working, plus it lasts for about 8 hours rather than about 2-3 for the other racetams.

By the way I haven't experienced any negative side effects.

Got mine from nootropics hub, quick postage.

Feel free to ask anything else.

P.s. what year are you in and what are you studying, just wondering :biggrin:

Cya
Reply 7
Hi itrader, thanks for the response. It's especially good coming from someone with first hand experience.

I'm trying to buy some Piracetam from nootropichub, which exact compound have you been using? just the "Piracetam Powder 250 grams"?

I'm about to start my 3rd year of a 4 year physics degree at Durham. I did well in my exams last year, but just want to do that bit better so that I don't have to work as hard in my final year. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending