The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

The only thing wrong with Park Wood is that it takes 15mins to walk to campus.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Pah the walk didnt bother me when i visited.
walking back at 2am wasn't too good though when i visited last week!...seemed to go on forever!
Reply 63
Hi all,

I applied to Park Wood I think but didn't ask for an ensuite - is it true that not all rooms have sinks? Do you reckon I'd be better off asking to change to an ensuite as I've been told by people that it can be really bad sharing bathrooms with someone you don't necessarily get on with or who is disgustingly hairy and never cleans up! I've been a chalet girl for the last year so I should know! Also, I haven't visited - what's the uni like? Is anyone doing English & American Literature & Creative Writing?

Kim
Isnt the en suite a lot more expensive like £3600 whereas the superior is like £2900... doesnt seem worth it..?
Reply 65
I suppose....did you see the rooms? what are they like? did you apply for a superior?
Reply 66
Go for superior as all the rooms in rutherford are superior and we were like superior my arse.
The standad rooms are not 2 good i would go superior :wink:
Standard rooms are tiny and rank. Walls proper thin. Ensuite self-catered is a rip-off, I should know, I live there.
I chose Self Catered superior Park wood - i didnt realise there were flats - how do i know if ill get a house or not?
im at parkwood too, a bit pricy non the less i think the houses are for second years plus and the flats are for 1st years(like us) cant wait to go got like 4 days left till we start YAY

PS any parkwooders goto my parkwood thread no-one else has :frown: LOL
^ Nah you will find first years everywhere apart from in Tyler Court A and the Residences. Second years are encouraged to move out and any living on campus will have taken emergency accommodation.
Off to medway, Kent... Any1 else going there???
Zharif
got an offer for actuarial science, most probably insurance

I got an uncondtional offer for Actuarial science. Which other universities have you applied for?
Reply 73
I am a third year student going to study at Kent in Canterbury for a semester January 2007 and am really excited! I am from the U.S and can't wait to be abroad and meet new people--
Reply 74
Hi ive just been given an unconditional place at Kent, and i might put it as my firm choice but im not sure to choose essex or kent as my firm choice, and oxford brookes or salford as my insurance choice. But neways, does anyone here go kent, what is the nightlife like, how many clubs are there and are there any good chinese restaurants near the canterbury campus:biggrin:?
Reply 75
ajizzle
Hi ive just been given an unconditional place at Kent, and i might put it as my firm choice but im not sure to choose essex or kent as my firm choice, and oxford brookes or salford as my insurance choice. But neways, does anyone here go kent, what is the nightlife like, how many clubs are there and are there any good chinese restaurants near the canterbury campus:biggrin:?

if you pick an unconditional as ure firm you dont pick an insurance for obvious reasons.

But Well Done on the offer too!
AJ

Nightlife = loads of pubs, including five bars on campus, but only two 'proper' clubs - however, a lot of places are around to go and dance. You won't get bored!
Don't know about restaurants but there is a very good (imho) Chinese takeaway place near Westgate called Chop Chop - yummy!
Chinese restaraunt called Super Noodles and it's by far the nicest chinese restaraunt I have been to, very large portions and a nice price for students. You can get something like sweet and sour chicken for about £5. What more can you ask for! Theres an al you can eat chinese in Canterbury and I haven't been yet because ive heard it's expensive and I've then taken friend sto Super noodles and they wished they never went to the all you can eat chinese.
Reply 78
*Natalie*
Keynes is a thiefs paradise - security is non-existant at Keynes. So much food has been stolen.

:mad: uhoh
Im hoping it's just food that gets stolen...
im going to kent to study computer science, i come from kent too (ive lived 10 mins from the campus for 22 years), so if anyone needs any advice about the location, canterbury, places to go, prices of things then just give me a should and i will be happy to help you all

Latest

Trending

Trending