The Student Room Group

Need some friends

This sounds kinda crap saying this but i just need some people to talk to too.dont really have anyone like that anymore.anyone else in the same boat.im going university and im 21.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I'm 33 and not going to uni, but working full time and doing my HNC and HND combined. I can't promise I can help , but I'll listen. I hope you find someone :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dismynamep
This sounds kinda crap saying this but i just need some people to talk to too.dont really have anyone like that anymore.anyone else in the same boat.im going university and im 21.

Hey I’m 20, been in the same boat before also might be restarting uni when I’m 21 :smile:
Reply 3

Hey! How's everything going?

I'm also planning to start my university life again. I'm 22 by the way.
Original post by EVMD17
Hey I’m 20, been in the same boat before also might be restarting uni when I’m 21 :smile:

Oh nice what u studying?
Original post by Meheraj
Hey! How's everything going?

I'm also planning to start my university life again. I'm 22 by the way.

Its alright, also what u studying?
same boat here. do you have any idea guys why we struggle wih it? shyness or social anxiety? or other problems?

Original post by EVMD17
Reply 7
Its alright, also what u studying?

Great!

Well, I'm still waiting to get offers from several universities. I've applied for different courses for some reason. Hence, nothing is concrete yet. Also, I'm an international student.

What about you? I reckon, you're from the UK, aren't you?
Reply 8
Oh nice what u studying?

Currently studying animation- but looking to change to sculpture! Wbu
Reply 9
Original post by realstudent19
same boat here. do you have any idea guys why we struggle wih it? shyness or social anxiety? or other problems?

Honestly I’m very quiet with people I don’t know at first- but after a few times with new people I open up more. Currently good friends with flatmates and people I see regularly bc I give off bad first impressions with course mates that I see inconsistently. I think people think I’m being rude when I’m quiet bc I have a resting ***** face lol. But I have found that joining societies that are more niche and have less people allow you to make friends and You see them once/ twice a week so get to know ppl better
Original post by Meheraj
Great!

Well, I'm still waiting to get offers from several universities. I've applied for different courses for some reason. Hence, nothing is concrete yet. Also, I'm an international student.

What about you? I reckon, you're from the UK, aren't you?

Ohh thats cool, yeah im going to do computer science. And yes i am from the uk
Original post by EVMD17
Currently studying animation- but looking to change to sculpture! Wbu

Ohh cool i always thought that animation was a cool course but it wasnt something i could get into. Im going to do computer science
Original post by realstudent19

I think its because i got deppressed and i stopped even leaving my house. Because i didnt really interact with someone in a while i guess my anxiety, shyness and deppression just got worse.but ive always had anxiety so idk where it came from
Reply 13
Ohh thats cool, yeah im going to do computer science. And yes i am from the uk

That's superb! By the way, which university are you going to?
Original post by Meheraj
That's superb! By the way, which university are you going to?

University of kent
Reply 15
University of kent

Cool.

Do you live around the university? How's the atmosphere over there?
Original post by Meheraj
Cool.

Do you live around the university? How's the atmosphere over there?

Nah i dont live around there, but i thought it would be nice to move out a bit and try a new area to live in i guess. Wbu did u move out for uni
Reply 17
Nah i dont live around there, but i thought it would be nice to move out a bit and try a new area to live in i guess. Wbu did u move out for uni

Okay. Yeah, that would be a fantastic experience for you. Actually, I'm following the same path. I've already been to Huddersfield once. Hence, now I would love to go to either Sheffield or Belfast but depends on where I get the offer from. Let's see what happens.

Would you mind me asking whether you had gap years 'cause British students usually start their university at around 17 or 18? No offence.

Hey am 28. Holding a masters degree. We can be friends if you don't mind. Am an academic writer for hire. let's be friends
Original post by Meheraj
Okay. Yeah, that would be a fantastic experience for you. Actually, I'm following the same path. I've already been to Huddersfield once. Hence, now I would love to go to either Sheffield or Belfast but depends on where I get the offer from. Let's see what happens.

Would you mind me asking whether you had gap years 'cause British students usually start their university at around 17 or 18? No offence.

Oh nice good luck, no im not offended, i was not really sure whether i wanted to go university and i was working instead. But now i decided that i would like to go university. Which im glad that came to the decision myself instead of forcing myself or being forced to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending