The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
for the past few years the majority of people have received their letters on new years eve (i.e. they are sent out around the 29th of december being the earliest anyone will find out)
Reply 2
Willa's given the definitive answer. I got my letter from Sidney on 30 December 2002. My friend heard from Newnham a few days before me, whilst another heard from Pembroke in the new year.
Reply 3
How quickly does UCAS get updated?
What about for international students? Do they send out the letters earlier to reach them by the 31st?
Reply 5
gdb2222
How quickly does UCAS get updated?

not until february or something ridiculous (they do the UCAS updating after all the pooling stuff which happens in january).

--------------

alexandra010588
What about for international students? Do they send out the letters earlier to reach them by the 31st?

As far as I am aware, no they do not. But I am not 100% sure.
Reply 6
They send out all letters together once the decision has been made, so international students just have to wait that bit longer.

UCAS usually takes a while to update - possibly because of the time of year? I haven't heard of anyone finding out from the UCAS website/via UCAS letter before they received a letter from Cambridge.
Reply 7
HopeForTheBest
coz too many people, 1 in 4, get bad news even on christmas day

how? they must have really keen postmen!
Reply 8
lisa_2k
how? they must have really keen postmen!

Really keen AND really nosy. The letters aren't sent out until after Christmas...
Reply 9
All offers/rejections will leave ALL colleges on 31st December 2005. Good Luck every1
Reply 10
-Nav- may i ask how you got that information?
Reply 11
HopeForTheBest
hey, does any one know when cambridge will be sending out the decision letters?
i applied to king's for economics and on the website it says decision should be received end of december, but a friend of mine said they're changing the system (coz too many people, 1 in 4, get bad news even on christmas day!) so that ALL colleges send out letters on 31 dec..
any ideas? i hate waiting!

just to reitierate, completely ignore this muppet.
a) you aren't going to get anyone delivering post/updating ucas track on christmas day
b) even if you could get this on christmas day they don't send it out until after christmas day
Reply 12
Anyone know if (maybe for international students? As some colleges at Oxford seemed to do) international applicants might get them through email? Anybody now studying in Cam got their offers through email? Thanks =)
Reply 13
Emmanuel have posted on their web site that letters will be posted on 31st Dec. This also confirms what I was told by an admissions tutor from another college at a meeting 2 months ago, when she said all letters would be going out later than usual this year. The waiting is awful!
Reply 14
My interviewer told me I will know on the 30th. Whether that is by phone or email or post or whatver I don't know. Maybe he just meant it as a vague estimate.
I was told I'd hear on the 31st. Personally, I just want it to come before January 3rd so in the likely event I get rejected I have some time to prepare myself mentally for telling my teachers, etc. It'd be annoying if it came after that and I was rung by my parents and told when I was in college, or something!
Reply 16
I forbade my mom to open mail from Cambridge. I don't wanna hear it from other people!

I received a letter from my college, saying that I'd receive the decision between 25 December and 7 January. I can't remember the date my interviewer said though.
You wont get a reply by email, ive emailed them to ask and they said because its an official document, they cant email the answer to us.. dammit!!
Reply 18
So we conclude that no-one has a clue when the letters will come! Everyone seems to have been told something different, and none of the interviewers seem to have given the same answer.

What I want to know is will Cambridge announce when they have reached all the decisions and sent all the letters (eg. something posted on their website) - so we know it will be coming in the next day or two? (Like the pope election thing with the smoke!)
Reply 19
Each college can do whatever it wants (within reason) when sending these things out. Most people in britain will get their letter (postmarked 29th december) on 31st december

Latest

Trending

Trending