The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle

You only learn to speed up through practise, which you only get through riding. I can't add you to the members list as i've written too much, unless oli can speak to someone and get me another post put in :love:

:colonhash:

Don't worry about asking me, the one with mod powers in this section for help with that...

I could make a post then change it so you own it then change the date on it so it slots in second place for you? EDIT: Check the first page. :wink:

Also, to the 33bhp people. It's enough power for the road tbh. I've never really needed the extra power since i got derestricted apart from when playing immaturely away from traffic lights...

Started my bike up on thursday for the first time in 3 weeks +, it fired up instantly first touch, had to just catch it then left it ona little bit of choke for 2 minutes whilst putting on helmet/gloves and it was fine.

And i saw a ferrari 430 in town yesterday at some traffic lgihts. Stopped next to the driver and said "nice car" through the open window, "nice bike" was the reply from the Ferrari owner. Felt honoured. I immaturely tried to match him off the lights, i was with him until 30(the limit ) but he kept going until 45+ so i let him go...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MHorman

Don't worry about asking me, the one with mod powers in this section for help with that...

I could make a post then change it so you own it then change the date on it so it slots in second place for you? EDIT: Check the first page. :wink:

Also, to the 33bhp people. It's enough power for the road tbh. I've never really needed the extra power since i got derestricted apart from when playing immaturely away from traffic lights...

Started my bike up on thursday for the first time in 3 weeks +, it fired up instantly first touch, had to just catch it then left it ona little bit of choke for 2 minutes whilst putting on helmet/gloves and it was fine.

And i saw a ferrari 430 in town yesterday at some traffic lgihts. Stopped next to the driver and said "nice car" through the open window, "nice bike" was the reply from the Ferrari owner. Felt honoured. I immaturely tried to match him off the lights, i was with him until 30(the limit ) but he kept going until 45+ so i let him go...

Oli said soemthing about something last friday, and i couldn't remember, that and i've not spoken to you in aaaaages.

Thank you :biggrin: Now i've got to work out how to split it. Ill worry about it later :biggrin: You really mega post is just going to get bigger?
(edited 12 years ago)
Oli said soemthing about something last friday, and i couldn't remember, that and i've not spoken to you in aaaaages. I think i've just dumped gary.

Thank you :biggrin: Now i've got to work out how to split it. Ill worry about it later :biggrin: You really mega post is just going to get bigger?

Yea, i was back in devon then at the gf's and am now back in Birghton so i wasn't riding my motoribke so not posting in here that much/at all...

Yea, but the more information in there the better really. I gifted you one of my very old posts just as a test to see if it would work and it worked just as i thought so i was impressed.

You've the 1st and 2nd posts anyway though, can't you just edit that one? :p:

Original post by MHorman
Yea, but the more information in there the better really. I gifted you one of my very old posts just as a test to see if it would work and it worked just as i thought so i was impressed.

It's very handy isn't it :p:

*Goes back into hiding :ninja:*
Original post by Loz17

Yea but she wasn't the second post until i edited my post which was the 7th or something to change the ownership/time...
Original post by MHorman
Yea but she wasn't the second post until i edited my post which was the 7th or something to change the ownership/time...

Ah ok I get you now :smile:
Original post by LandyJon
Very, very nice SV there :biggrin: I've got a '99 curvy but I must say that the fully faired K3s and onwards are gorgeous!

I've seen a lot of people complain about the 33bhp restriction but it's surprising just how capable some of them are. I say some because Boristhethird's bike, by general consensus, is crap.

stoppit you, my bike really isn't that bad,

anyway, you cant call my bros a crap bike till youve seen this!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1879947
(my other bike...)
(edited 12 years ago)
and i am up at 7 to take dee to hospital. bah. more socialble reply when i get back

What's he done?

Original post by LandyJon
Very, very nice SV there :biggrin: I've got a '99 curvy but I must say that the fully faired K3s and onwards are gorgeous!

I've seen a lot of people complain about the 33bhp restriction but it's surprising just how capable some of them are. I say some because Boristhethird's bike, by general consensus, is crap.

Curvy = :yucky: I'm more a fan of the point naked ones, surprise surprise.
I didn't find getting derestricted to make an awful lot of difference. I could have happily stayed at 33bhp.
I'm surprised Boris bike even moves forward...we love you, just not your bike.

I think there's only one who was near you, oh and mackemforever might be near you, he has an sv too, although it might be off road.

33bhp is fine until you speed up and want to really play, but as you found riding with me it's not too much of an issue on similar bikes.

Well got pet seen at the hospital, and then saw a friend go past on his bike, so we ended up at box hill, there were a surprising number of bikes there today!

Wasn't there the dutch girl moving to hull?
Even with 70bhp? it's fun trying to keep up with you!
I wish this winter was last winter, would have made life so much easier!

Original post by MHorman

:rofl:

Oli said soemthing about something last friday, and i couldn't remember, that and i've not spoken to you in aaaaages. I think i've just dumped gary.

Oh? Why? You know my number.

Original post by Loz17

No hiding! :judge: Come and play!
Original post by Lantana
What's he done?
I'm surprised Boris bike even moves forward...we love you, just not your bike.
Wasn't there the dutch girl moving to hull?
Even with 70bhp? it's fun trying to keep up with you!
I wish this winter was last winter, would have made life so much easier!

:rofl:

Oh? Why? You know my number.

Moblo! i think anyway, she made it to hull and not heard from her since.
Nothing thats the problem. Not seen him in a week and 2 texts. For a friend thats fine, from a bf, i hear from landy more! And my phones not got a screen at the mo, but when i know if i have or haven't will let you know

It's not my fault i don't slow down for bends.... and pet did wait for us!

Original post by Boristhethird
stoppit you, my bike really isn't that bad,

anyway, you cant call my bros a crap bike till youve seen this!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1879947
(my other bike...)

Be honest. it's worse than hte sv or bandit ever was. and the bandit was held together with leccy tape! But we love you still.
Original post by Loz17

Landy did have the second post...
i miss you! although i have a prettier bike now.

I can't edit the first, i'm 500over the word count in the first anyway i think
Original post by MHorman
Yea, i was back in devon then at the gf's and am now back in Birghton so i wasn't riding my motoribke so not posting in here that much/at all...

I'l be giving them information overload, but at least it's there for you lot!
seriously people, my bike is not that bad! :fuhrer:
Anyone done the IAMs or BikeSafe course? I've only been riding for 4 months but I'm keen to get some training under my belt. I got IAMs paid for me for Christmas and BikeSafe I paid for myself because it was only £30. I will do them both in summer so should have about 9 or 10 months of riding experience by the time I get started. How long does it take to pass IAMs? I want to have it passed before insurance renewal (August).

Edit: Also how do I subscribe to this thread so everytime someone posts, I get an e-mail? :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TeenageDream
Anyone done the IAMs or BikeSafe course? I've only been riding for 4 months but I'm keen to get some training under my belt. I got IAMs paid for me for Christmas and BikeSafe I paid for myself because it was only £30. I will do them both in summer so should have about 9 or 10 months of riding experience by the time I get started. How long does it take to pass IAMs? I want to have it passed before insurance renewal (August).

Edit: Also how do I subscribe to this thread so everytime someone posts, I get an e-mail? :biggrin:

Check the first post under advanced training
crazyjoyce did iam maybe? although you might have to pm him
Landyjon has done bikesafe
Chilledice also has i think

You'll get fed up being subscribed, we can be a very active group

seriously people, my bike is not that bad! :fuhrer:

:love:

Ok i know worse. It looks like this
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TeenageDream

im about to book bikesafe :cool:
(though its £35 for me, including the £10 i got off)

and re subscription, as wiggle says, you can get many emails a day that way, just use TSR's 'watched threads' tool on you home page, this thread will be there any time someone has posted.

Check the first post under advanced training
crazyjoyce did iam maybe? although you might have to pm him
Landyjon has done bikesafe
Chilledice also has i think

You'll get fed up being subscribed, we can be a very active group

:love: *cake*

Ok i know worse. It looks like this
*supposedly a bike*

cake -> :yum:
bike -> :yucky:

what did that bike used to be?
(edited 12 years ago)
im about to book bikesafe :cool:
(though its £35 for me, including the £10 i got off)

and re subscription, as wiggle says, you can get many emails a day that way, just use TSR's 'watched threads' tool on you home page, this thread will be there any time someone has posted.

cake -> :yum:
bike -> :yucky:

what did that bike used to be?

Thats a very good question...... *looks* old gsx600f
Original post by Lantana

Haha ok :p:

Landy did have the second post...
i miss you! although i have a prettier bike now.

Martin changed it :p:
I miss you too. How's the new bike?
Original post by Loz17
Haha ok :p:

Martin changed it :p:
I miss you too. How's the new bike?

Shiny although i need to play with hte suspension so it's not solid and like sitting on a rock :biggrin:
I went on a rideout yesterday with a guy who's just got a really, really old 125. He's not a good biker. At all. The three of us on Real Bikes spent a lot of time shepherding him places and waiting for him. It was a fun rideout all told but god I forgot how slow 125s are compared to proper bikes.
Evening all, haven't been on in a while due to a few problems going wrong. An not much for this forum anymore its getting too repetitive with the poster in other threads.

Anyone on any other biking forums.
Original post by Smilingsam
Evening all, haven't been on in a while due to a few problems going wrong. An not much for this forum anymore its getting too repetitive with the poster in other threads.

Anyone on any other biking forums.

me and josh are on LB (though i dont post much, and i dont think he does either)
and then theres bike specific forums, wich many people are on their own bikes' one
Shiny although i need to play with hte suspension so it's not solid and like sitting on a rock :biggrin:

Still shiny? I'm impressed! Did they give you suspension rock hard? Surely thats not safe?!

Latest

Trending

Trending