The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M4LLY
After much thought i've decided to give the bike to my brother as a 16th birthday present at the end of next month. I'm considering doing what you said and boring the engine. How much would this cost and would it be legal? Also, although the bike is mechanically sound, most of the panels on the bike are scratched and it looks very scruffy. There is also a small tear on the seat that has some duct tape on. Would it be worth replacing these or would it be better to leave it as it is?

For your brother to ride it at 16, no. For you at 17 yes, i think so but hten you have insurance issues. I work on the assumption if it runs fine, it doesn't have to look pretty.

Original post by Juno
Am on bike holiday. Try not to miss me too much!

:cry: i will!

Mail i know..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2134026/Training-wheels-bikers-New-electric-motor-trike-FAR-safer-motorcycles-40mph.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bathwiggle
:love:

How smelly were the dogs?
Reply 5582
Also, can anyone recommend a good 125cc bike to get with a budget of £2000?
Reply 5583
Original post by M4LLY
Also, can anyone recommend a good 125cc bike to get with a budget of £2000?

£2k is a pretty good budget for a 125. If its for a leaner I would suggest something easy enough to get along with. Maybe the YBR or CG125.
Reply 5584
Juno and Ugly and Boris' Adventure

I dunno if Boris' bike has a name :sad: I can think of lots of things to call it, but most aren't complimentary :p:

Um, well, on Saturday after the bike mending party Boris and I went to McDonalds and somehow we got the idea of me tagging along on his minitour. So I did.

First night we stuck to the plan and went to Loughborough and camped. I've never been camping before, but it's ok coz Boris is a scout. I don't remember much about the riding cept it was dark.

Then we didn't stick to the plan and ended up in Oakham instead. Boris was mean and wouldn't let me do any kidnapping, sheepnapping or chickennapping - and he wouldn't even let me use duck tape for its intended purpose.

Now we are in London.
Reply 5585
Lol awesome, have you had a good time though?

Speaking of trips... I am all packed and ready to go to Normandy ! :biggrin:

Reply 5586
I has picture but some of you will have seen it on facebook:

And if you don't have facebook, you're missing out.
Reply 5587
Ah yes I have seen that picture :smile: hope the weather has stayed as dry as it can for you !
Reply 5588
Original post by F4LL3N
Ah yes I have seen that picture :smile: hope the weather has stayed as dry as it can for you !

Nah, twas wet and cold :sad: I told Boris about 50 times I hadn't ridden in the rain before, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.
Original post by Juno
Nah, twas wet and cold :sad: I told Boris about 50 times I hadn't ridden in the rain before, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Not got a decent set of one piece waterproofs?

You'll still have to ride really really slow but you'll do so dry/warm.:smile:
Original post by F4LL3N

With all the weight on the rear? Take it easy matey.
Reply 5591
Original post by Motorbiker
Not got a decent set of one piece waterproofs?

You'll still have to ride really really slow but you'll do so dry/warm.:smile:

I've never ridden in the rain before so I don't need waterproofs!

Boris tried to force his waterproof trousers onto me, but I didn't want him to be wet.
Original post by F4LL3N

Will that be what you sent me? as my phone isn't receiving them

Sweetie, how's your bike going?
Reply 5593
Original post by LandyJon
With all the weight on the rear? Take it easy matey.

Cheers mate, although it's really not as heavy as it looks. Tent is super light, there is a renntec rack at the back and one dry bag is purely sleeping stuff. The bag on the pillion seat is the main weighty bit, but that's not too bad either :smile:. It's mainly size tbh!

Original post by Bathwiggle
Will that be what you sent me? as my phone isn't receiving them

Sweetie, how's your bike going?

Yes they are but you know that now anyway :tongue:. And yeah, how's the triple? :biggrin:
Original post by F4LL3N

Got enough stuff there?
Reply 5595
Original post by Lantana
Got enough stuff there?

Not NEARLY enough :tongue: although this is my first camping trip via bike... so I have probably brought more than I need to ! But at least I have tea ! :biggrin:
Reply 5596
Original post by F4LL3N
Not NEARLY enough :tongue: although this is my first camping trip via bike... so I have probably brought more than I need to ! But at least I have tea ! :biggrin:

I like you :h:
Reply 5597
I'm going on the back of his bike now :afraid:
Hey guys!

I'm looking to get a bigger bike as I'm going to university. In Falmouth.
I currently own a measly 125cc.

I want a bike that has the power and comfort for long rides as Ill be
travelling from Falmouth to London regularly, which is roughly 300miles. I also hope to go abroad with it once in a while. It would also be great if the bike had the ability, to travel in rough terrain and not only on asphalt.

I want to keep my budget at around £2000. Does anyone have any idea of what motorbike would fit those criteria?

I was looking into the BMW f650 GS. any thoughts?
Original post by fernandolive
Hey guys!

I'm looking to get a bigger bike as I'm going to university. In Falmouth.
I currently own a measly 125cc.

I want a bike that has the power and comfort for long rides as Ill be
travelling from Falmouth to London regularly, which is roughly 300miles. I also hope to go abroad with it once in a while. It would also be great if the bike had the ability, to travel in rough terrain and not only on asphalt.

I want to keep my budget at around £2000. Does anyone have any idea of what motorbike would fit those criteria?

I was looking into the BMW f650 GS. any thoughts?

\Pm chilledice about the f650. Have a look at the op, there are some magazine articles with suggested bikes, you'll probably want a commuter/tourer for lots of long distances, or have a look at the geton website? I do thousands (literally) of miles on my sv650, and love every second of it, been round the uk, across the uk, as well as blasts and it manages happily. Not so happy on muddy tracks but they are normally by accident

Latest

Trending

Trending