The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This will sound slightly wrong to those who don't know what muffs are, but i do love my muffs and i've lent my spare pair to f4ll3nN Although he's probably not used them yet
Original post by Bathwiggle
Not until after i've got the bike off them! :tongue:

True. Want them to give you a nice bike before you telling them you're the master of breaking bikes

Original post by omicronlyrae
Hahaha, a friend of mine was saying he was gonna get some muffs for his bike and be and his gf were like, go ahead, but you'll look like a prat. I think he's still going to get them anyway..

But yeah, I have terrible circulation, so I freeze really easily, and owning a bike is therefore not ideal =P

If i had a journey longer than like 3 or 4 miles to do then i'#d rather be warm in some muffs... Atm myjourney is not long enough to justify it really...

This will sound slightly wrong to those who don't know what muffs are, but i do love my muffs and i've lent my spare pair to f4ll3nN Although he's probably not used them yet

Hehe. Fallen has put his hands in your muffs?

(To everyone else a muff is this hand warming thing that attaches to handle bars on motorbikes)
Original post by Motorbiker
(To everyone else a muff is this hand warming thing that attaches to handle bars on motorbikes)

He had a go last year and liked them so much he asked for them again! with his grips his hands over heat with them on. So i gave him the pair with crash added air holes :biggrin:
Reply 7983
He had a go last year and liked them so much he asked for them again! with his grips his hands over heat with them on. So i gave him the pair with crash added air holes :biggrin:

I'll be putting them on tomorrow - it is getting cold ! And you are wrong, I didn't know you last year :tongue:
Original post by F4LL3N
I'll be putting them on tomorrow - it is getting cold ! And you are wrong, I didn't know you last year :tongue:

sorry 10 months ago!
Reply 7985
sorry 10 months ago!

Can you show this to Gaz please? Boris told me to, but I'm thinking he might not hit you

I already showed it to him.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've so far managed to put the idea of getting another Street Triple to the back of my head for the time being. When I do get another one, it'd have to be the 2012 model. Not a big fan of the rounded headlights and I CAN'T BELIEVE Triumph got rid of the twin exhausts for 2013! What were they thinking?!
Original post by LandyJon
I've so far managed to put the idea of getting another Street Triple to the back of my head for the time being. When I do get another one, it'd have to be the 2012 model. Not a big fan of the rounded headlights and I CAN'T BELIEVE Triumph got rid of the twin exhausts for 2013! What were they thinking?!

The twin exhausts do look pretty damn fine.
Reply 7989
guess what Rich did today.

if you guessed "reversed into a gate" you were right :-(

Sent from my GT-S5363
Original post by LandyJon

I didn't even get to the triumph stand at the NEC! they stuck it under the bike like everyone else seems to be doing?

Oh not too impressed with the spirit 2. It's noisy and the visor doesn't seem to seal. But i did pay £300 so not too upset given the rrp.
Found a deal that's too good to be true for an r6 on autotrader. Probs do a hpi check on it before buying it. (if you were going to buy it)

The only downside if is the insurance for it is twice the price of the bike, for third party only. Just ridiculous...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212084553047/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/model/yzf/make/yamaha/postcode/tw183jh/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p
(edited 11 years ago)
Also, I was coming back from work yesterday and saw a guy who was basically showing everyone how not to do it.

He had the same bike as me, same colours and everything, except that he had L plates, no right hand indicator, a satchel, and an aftermarket exhaust that was frankly ridiculous. He accelerated past me even though I was doing the limit (33 on the speedo :O) and then switched lanes by squeezing in between two cars.

These people wind me up because I'm having to pay for it-by jumping through all these ridiculous hoops in order to even get licensed and then having to pay silly insurance premiums. And having to listen to people blabber on about how dangerous bikes are because idiots like him find themselves under a lorry and wonder how they got there...
Reply 7993

Spoiler

:sad:
200 miles today. on one tank of petrol. I'm so pleased i have my sv working.. ish

IMAG0271.jpg
Reply 7995
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Found a deal that's too good to be true for an r6 on autotrader. Probs do a hpi check on it before buying it. (if you were going to buy it)

The only downside if is the insurance for it is twice the price of the bike, for third party only. Just ridiculous...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212084553047/sort/recpriceascdefault/usedbikes/model/yzf/make/yamaha/postcode/tw183jh/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

Its probably stolen and I wouldnt touch it with a very long barge pole. Far too cheap, and why would a private seller add vat? At a guess it'll be cleared cheque or bank transfer before collection and the bike wont be there. Pretty common, they copy an actual advert, so if you HPI the bike it'll come back clear. Only thing is you're not talking to the owner.
Original post by Riderz
Its probably stolen and I wouldnt touch it with a very long barge pole. Far too cheap, and why would a private seller add vat? At a guess it'll be cleared cheque or bank transfer before collection and the bike wont be there. Pretty common, they copy an actual advert, so if you HPI the bike it'll come back clear. Only thing is you're not talking to the owner.

Yeah you're probably right tbh- but who buys a bike before checking it exists?
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Yeah you're probably right tbh- but who buys a bike before checking it exists?

People who get distracted by the bike, or don't care, or are too trusting.

Original post by Riderz

What are you doing back? you grew up!
Reply 7998
Original post by Riderz

Definitely a scam in one way or another. £1k for an 08 R6 that should be going for about 5 or 6x that? Plus there's only a couple of pictures. Don't do it!
Reply 7999
Hi all, I'm looking at getting my first bike, and decided on a CBF125. The local dealer has a single CBF125 for the time being, it's a 2011 model, pre-owned with 5.7k miles on it.

I'm arranging a test ride for the weekend, and would like to know what to watch out for as I'm new to motorbikes.

Latest

Trending

Trending