The Student Room Group

Girls, your opinions on tattoos?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma.stoll
They are Horrible. What are you going to do when you are old and you still have them...

You're going to do nothing with it. Which is exactly why you think it over a hundred times before you get a tattoo and if you're worried about how it would look, then you shouldn't be getting a tattoo.
Reply 41
I'm not a fan. I wouldn't be too bothered by just one as long as it was on the smaller side, of something cool, and in a good spot. But in general I don't like them. Many parents don't like them either, if you're at all interested in being liked by a girl's parents :P
If they're simple and not too flashy I don't mind them, but I'm not a huge fan. My grandad has loads so I guess it would remind me of him and as much as I love him, you'll all agree it would be worrying if I was attracted to him. My friend would be all over you though, she's obsessed with them. She's a great artist, my friends and I all agree she should just go and work in a tattoo parlor, she's always drawing these weird designs on her arm.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Ciaran88
I'm considering getting a couple of tattoos but I'm wondering what most girls think of them, because if it's a major turn off for a lot of peeps I think I'll leave it :lol:

I do a lot of work in the developing world, I'm toying with the idea of having a little map of each country I work in tattooed somewhere, maybe my back or arm. Small and subtle, we're not talking busty vampires on motorbikes here :wink:

Thoughts? Big turn on/off/non-issue? Any preferred location?

Personally, I find tattoos very sexy :smile:
However, they have to be the right type, in the right place. Tattoos on top of guys' arms are nice, especially if they have toned muscles :smile: Smaller, meaningful tattoos are cute as well.

'Small and subtle' as you described, sounds good.

I want a tattoo on my ankle, only thing is, is that a fear needles :frown:

Trying to convince my boyfriend to tattoo my name on his chest :tongue:
Reply 44
Still haven't gotten any tats, I'm currently on a mish to get ripped, have already gained almost 6kg in 2 months and I don't want to end up with stretched out tattoos in 6 months time.

That said I'm still slightly unsure, some girls absolutely love them, some find them repulsive and make a guy look "cheap". Personally I think it depends entirely on the tattoo, and I suppose the rest of the vibe a guy gives off.

Original post by tripsis
I'm not a fan. I wouldn't be too bothered by just one as long as it was on the smaller side, of something cool, and in a good spot. But in general I don't like them. Many parents don't like them either, if you're at all interested in being liked by a girl's parents :P

Personally I wouldn't get one that was visible in clothes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wouldn't mind small ones but the big ones which go over the whole arm is a complete turn off
Reply 46
Original post by AKKaur
Wouldn't mind small ones but the big ones which go over the whole arm is a complete turn off

I'm thinking one like this, only about half as wide and only cover the outside of the arm, plus text. And one on each arm.

http://www.ratemyink.com/images/ul/296/arm-band-tattoo-29670.jpeg

Apparently getting things like maps done on a small scale would either look pretty simplistic or be incredibly expensive.
The right tattoo on the right person in the right location is very sexy, IMO.

There is no standard of which tattoos are attractive and which are not. Some people like big, bold designs. Some like subtle, discreet symbols.
I'm thinking one like this, only about half as wide and only cover the outside of the arm, plus text. And one on each arm.

Apparently getting things like maps done on a small scale would either look pretty simplistic or be incredibly expensive.

Personally i think its not worth it, make sure your 100% certain you want it because getting it removed is allot of pain! But its up to you :biggrin:
i got a tattoo on my right arm going right round and am getting 1 on my left arm and shoulder in April
Reply 50
I like them , especially ones on arms.
However i don't like men who are covered in them e.g full sleeve , legs , face etc
My general opinion: :colonhash:

(Unless it's a ****ty tribal one or they're completely covered)
Reply 52

I don't like that one, looks too bold and a bit tacky. Don't forget that you'll probably end up in scrubs at some point in your career - do you mind if it's visible then?
Reply 53
Original post by Helenia
I don't like that one, looks too bold and a bit tacky. Don't forget that you'll probably end up in scrubs at some point in your career - do you mind if it's visible then?

I'm not talking about that one in particular but in that location. I guess I could slide it up an inch or two just to ensure it doesn't show in scrubs.
i love tattoos personally
my left forearm is covered and i have one on my right forearm and back of my neck
none of my boyfriends have particularly 'loved' tattoos
but they're part of me, like it or lump it :smile:
i think i'd look so strange without them now! :smile:
Reply 55
My boyfriend has a lot of them, and I really like them. He has a some dragons on his arms and chest and his 'dragon maiden' who is part of his full sleeve, a swallow and a leo star sign symbol on his hands and a maori design on his arm that he got done in NZ.

I mean it bugs me a little on some of them that he didn't use a tattoo artist who can actually draw, but they look cool enough. :tongue:
I actually went and watched him get one done on his hand.

He's not the only guy with tattoos I've dated either, one guy had his dog and his horse tattooed on each arm, and a big eagle on his back with a motto that I can't remember now. Something about honour or courage. :tongue: I liked those too.

I like tattoos on guys because they are something unique.
(edited 12 years ago)
Love tattoos and your idea sounds awesome :biggrin:
Reply 57
I absolutely love tattoos. But I prefer them to be subtle and meaningful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending