The Student Room Group

How do I tell if someone is using NLP on me?

This woman gives me a weird devious, hypnotic vibe, how can I tell if NLP is being used?

Scroll to see replies

NLP?
Reply 2
When they fail spectacularly at life.
You feel a strange, tingling feeling somewhere around your nether regions
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by Anonymous
This woman gives me a weird devious, hypnotic vibe, how can I tell if NLP is being used?

Ask them.
Reply 5
NLP has been proven to be bull****.
If you are aware what it is and how it works surely you should be able to pick out the signs. If not, then she probably isn't or she just does it naturally.
Reply 7
Whats an NLP?
Original post by The Real Quaid
NLP?

Original post by BrokenArrow
Whats an NLP?

Neurolinguistic Programming.
Reply 9
NLP?

national lampoon's
Original post by py0alb
When they fail spectacularly at life.

who are you to judge the success/failure of another?
Reply 11
Original post by bestofyou
who are you to judge the success/failure of another?

Welcome to the world of TSR, plenty more of that
Why does this matter to you?
would have helped if you said the full version rather than NLP...... now not many people will help lol.
Reply 14
Even if she is using NLP, it doesn't make your feelings towards her less real, but if she comes across as weird and devient, the chances are you're not a great match anyway.

The only way to actually tell though if she is deliberatly using NLP techniques would be to learn NLP yourself, but I wouldn't bother with that because although there is some sound psychology in there, a large portion of it is unhelpful psuedo-science.
Original post by Theconomist
NLP has been proven to be bull****.

This to a small extent. In the appraisal on wikipedia it says there are many who think it socientifically dubious to say the least. It has elements of unrealistic expectation, could be cult like even, and makes people think too much that they can do anything.
What you do right, is stare directly at their feet because you come under the effect of their powers when you look into their eyes
NLP?

Do they repeat everything you say back to you...? Are you being told to visualise?
Original post by TantraLondon
Do they repeat everything you say back to you...? Are you being told to visualise?

Not quite sure why you quoted me :eyebrow:
Original post by Chillaxer
This to a small extent. In the appraisal on wikipedia it says there are many who think it socientifically dubious to say the least. It has elements of unrealistic expectation, could be cult like even, and makes people think too much that they can do anything.

What do you mean to a small extent? It's tosh. It never proved itself in the first place and has no theoretical reason to work.

It's a product. Nothing more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending