The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JackieS
UNI'S understand that experience is hard to come by.........................2 days will be enough I'm sure :smile:

yeh i guess but i think i just felt i dint gettin a good enough idea of how it is to work as a diagnostic radiographer. they seemed to be rushing around a lot and well i think ill need a bit more of a proper experiance.
Reply 21
alio~
I know I want to do something in healthcare and for ages ive always thought i wanted to do physio until i heard that you have to get up mucus and get it all over you etc that tiny thing has put me off lol im so fickle :frown: Ive thought about nursing I believe Id like it but I wouldn't be able to give injections im a fainter, thing is Im really interested in nursing and physio but if these little things but me off is it not right for me?

Right - so you couldn't cope with mucus, so you thought nursing - do you not have a problem with **** or vomit then?

What about audiology or OT - usually a little 'cleaner'...

Or an office dwelling pen pusher?
Reply 22
gamma_guy
yeh i guess but i think i just felt i dint gettin a good enough idea of how it is to work as a diagnostic radiographer. they seemed to be rushing around a lot and well i think ill need a bit more of a proper experiance.

true - its always good to have more but don't panic if you can't get any
Reply 23
Fluffy
Right - so you couldn't cope with mucus, so you thought nursing - do you not have a problem with **** or vomit then?

If the injections didn't do it the **** or vomit might yea..lol. I was aware of the dirty stuff no one likes it, but I meant if its strongly putting me off is the career not right for me or do the majority strongly feel this way and overcome it.

Yea Ive thought about OT just can't make my mind up about anything :redface:
Reply 24
alio~
If the injections didn't do it the **** or vomit might yea..lol. I was aware of the dirty stuff no one likes it, but I meant if its strongly putting me off is the career not right for me or do the majority strongly feel this way and overcome it.

Yea Ive thought about OT just can't make my mind up about anything :redface:

you'll be amazed how quickly you'll get used to something when you try

and I think fluffy was being sarcastic when she's suggedt that OT was cleaner - definitely not the case from what I've seen when I was working with an OT...........body fluids and all!

Ive said it once and I'll sya it again

WORK EXPERIENCE
hey i decided to go in2 nursing as well but because im very funny bout jabs, i thought id do some work e 1st,its helped me so much u mite find like me when the uniforms on and u have no choice bt 2 get on with it it dont bother you, and i believe it makes the whole experience even more rewardin because youv overcome alot.
Reply 26
I had the same problem but now I just don't care I reckon you get over these things, I thought OT was quite clean too not everyone knows about this stuff so whats the point in sarcasm, some of us have lives beyond studying healthcare :eek:

Latest