The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on an average night out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos

Original post by Rascacielos
Going to be having fun on my £20pw budget at UCL then.

I should probably mention that I'm no longer a student and now work fill-time. £20 should be OK if you're sensible.
Ugh this totally depends on circumstances could be;

£40 beer
£5 kebab - Just have to
£10 on taxi's

or if I'm out with certain friends in certain places;

£70 Hotel
£12 parking @ Hotel (robbing *****)
£10 taxi's
£free entry/whatever I can manage to drink without dieing
Original post by Zuzuzu
Likewise - I think my budget works out at ~£26. :rolleyes:

Fun times for us! Are you self-catered?
Original post by Deathly_Hallows
I do remember paying €8 something for a vodka and coke before somewhere in town. Nearly fell off my chair! :tongue: I only really go into town every now and then when I have the money. My friends and I stick to local clubs because they are so much cheaper and more so on a Friday night. Last time I was in Coppers though, I did come home with nothing and I couldn't remember how much I drank... €8.60 a drink would explain where all my money went that night!

Last time I was in Coppers I got thrown out within a few minutes..very embarrassing and all down to pre-drinking! It's not the worst though, €7 something there. I go out with people who live nowhere near me so local isn't an option..one local club, Mantra, is actually very expensive!
Reply 44
Week night its usually about 50quid.

Weekends are getting ridiculous, easily 150-200 on a weekend night out, really shouldn't but I get drunk and cant control myself :/
Reply 45
varies between 50-100 pound but it rarely hurts my pocket so im cool with it
Reply 46
Normally take out £25 and that's fine. Although i have to mix my drinks to get drunk which is a bit annoying if i plan on pre-drinking.
Reply 47
usually around £20/30 including food on the way back of course

no idea how I've going to survive on £30 a week at uni when that's for food and all my other living expenses.

I strongly feel that going into and paying extra for catered halls means pre-drinks should be included.
Reply 48
£20 in my local town, £40 elsewhere. Pre-drinking is essential, and far cheaper :ahee:
Drink before you go out...but also..where did you go, that stuff seems to be costly if it was around £20..maybe it's just cheaper around the midlands.
If I'm a good boy I spend £10 altogether on a bottle of vodka and some lemonade for pre-drinking. But usually I spend £10 on a bottle of vodka, then about £5 on drinks in town, then £5 for a takeaway and THEN £5 on a taxi.

So, if I'm good I spend £10 to get plastered.
When I'm not, I spend £25, and that's an expensive night for me.

Number 1 tip? Pre-drink! Seriously vodka is probably your best bet. I had Smirnoff Green Apple vodka yesterday and even as a "luxury" brand, £13 is cheap. Vodka doesn't...damage you in the same way cider, whisky etc do too.
errr...about £15. One nightclub costs £2 to get in if you go before 11.30 :teehee: plus about £3 for a taxi home, the rest is drink :borat:
Reply 52
About £40 including getting there and home
Reply 53
Original post by SoCStormtrooper
I was recently on a rugby tour of South Africa and this question came up at dinner with one of the teams we played. They said that they can get 'absolutely smashed' and into most clubs in Cape Town for 100 rand, which is about 10 quid. When we told them to go out in central London you could easily spend 50 quid or more they were shocked! So I guess it depends where you're from :P

On the one night out I've done in London I got through £200. Needless tosay, never again!
10 - 15 quid.
Reply 55
Original post by ellanachughtai
when i do go out i say about £10-20 but but thats on lemonade/redbull and J20s. I rarely drink.

Sadly in the UK there is little incentive to not drink or be the designated driver, a pint of coca cola in my town can be up to £3 now.
Reply 56
Back when I used to drink, £20-30 would usually do the job. That's about £28 on booze and £2 for the night bus.

Now that I no longer drink, it's got more expensive. £50-100 easily. (Dinner for 2, theatre or concert, taxi.)
yep i found that too
30 - 50 pound.
Reply 59
depends on where i go out, but on drinks I'd usually say £10-15, depending on just how drunk I want to get and if I've been predrinking.
Also, I dont usually eat dinner before i go out, so I dont have to buy as many drinks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending