The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

When should I be there for freshers week?

I'm a bit confused. I was going to book my plane tickets for the 18th as one of the letters from Leeds said that the study week commences on the 26th of September hence I thought that the previous week is probably freshers week. However, after reading some other threads, some people say that freshers week is the week before the 18th. I'm not a 1st year student but rather a 2nd year transfer so I wouldn't like to miss out on all the action. Anyone care to inform me a little better?
Reply 1
my intro week starts on 19th which is freshers , i move into accom on fri before
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
just looked at the website and the freshers fair is on 16th ??
Reply 3
That's where my confusion comes from. I have no freaking clue when to come for freshers
Original post by msoynri
just looked at the website and the freshers fair is on 16th ??

Where does it say that?? I found this: http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/welcome2011/whatson/freshersfair/
Hmm. Maybe you should email and ask. Fairly sure it wouldn't be before the 17th because that's when most people are moving in.
Reply 7
Freshers activities don't start until Monday 19th Sept. (Although they might be the odd one on the weekend before, I'm not sure) If in doubt, the uni should send you a freshers week guide before you arrive, they did for me last year, which will have the dates in that.

As Bella Occhi said, freshers won't start before 17th/18th as that's when most people move into their accom.
(edited 12 years ago)

Just had a look at that link and I reckon that's aimed at international students who have their orientation the week before freshers week.
Reply 9
Original post by accomoffice
Just had a look at that link and I reckon that's aimed at international students who have their orientation the week before freshers week.

i see, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest