The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Vazzyb
If you apply to Cambridge, do you write down (and therefore, the interviewers get to see) your module scores at AS or any A2 modules that you have already done? Or just the grade itself?

Do you put it in on an application form? Or through UCAS? How does it work?

Thanks very much,

Varun

you must right every module AS or A2 UMS scores and whether you will be retaking the module. This is done through the SAQ sent to you after the submission of your CAF and UCAS form.
Reply 2
you have to write down all your module scores on a form you get called the supplemntary answer qestionnaire after you apply. at least you do for most colleges, i assume all of them. so, yes, they get to see them, and they look at them either during/before/after your interview. mine was looking at them during the interview, also to see which modules i had done. although, i've heard that next year several other universities will get access to your module marks as well, so it might be automatically sent to them ( i guess for cambridge you will still have to fill them in as well though).
Reply 3
bob_54321
you have to write down all your module scores on a form you get called the supplemntary answer qestionnaire after you apply. at least you do for most colleges, i assume all of them. so, yes, they get to see them, and they look at them either during/before/after your interview. mine was looking at them during the interview, also to see which modules i had done. although, i've heard that next year several other universities will get access to your module marks as well, so it might be automatically sent to them ( i guess for cambridge you will still have to fill them in as well though).

next year you'll have to put total UMS scores on the UCAS form - not indevidual module scores - so it'll still have to be done through the SAQ
Yes on the S.A.Q form (Cambridge's own questionnaire) you have to state your module scores for any modules that you have done, although this will mainly just be As levels and your mark out of 300. They also see the grade obviously. On this years system its only been Cambridge that has asked to see them (Oxford as of yet doesnt ask) although I heard on the grapevine that 2007 entry, the top 20 or something universities will ask for complete scores (not modules).

I wouldnt worry though, I didnt get spectacular module results for the subject Im applying for and am even retaking 2 modules and I still go in. So long as you are enthusiastic about your subject and show it, chances are Cambridge/Oxford do not pay too much attention to them. Its just another factor to help distinguish candidates. Its not the be all and end all.

Hope that helps
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 5
lucho22
next year you'll have to put total UMS scores on the UCAS form - not indevidual module scores - so it'll still have to be done through the SAQ

Are you sure? UMS scores on the UCAS form? Can't believe it!!!
Reply 6
bryan
Are you sure? UMS scores on the UCAS form? Can't believe it!!!
Its true
Reply 7
notyourpunk
Its true

Where did u get this information?
Reply 10
Having read the article more thoroughly by the way. I reckon no university is going to start makign demands for a certain number of modules to be A graded. You will just get retake frenzy and make it even harder for them to work out how many offers to give out relative to acceptances and people meeting those conditions. However could be proved wrong..
It doesn't say they get to see your UMS marks though, just individual module grades.
Reply 12
Ahh ok. Thanks very much, most informative! On the news, must revise for Biology now lol,

Thanks again,

Vazzyb

Latest

Trending

Trending