The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Original post by kd19
MEEE!!!! Ive met 4 others on southampton uni and southampton health sciences facebook page too! Are you going into halls? Looking forward to freshers? :smile:

Il have to join both of those groups then, apparently there are only 16 people on the course. Im from southampton so not going into halls but might move nearer to the university. Im definitely looking forward to freshers and looking forward to starting. When do you move to Southampton? Where are you from?
Reply 2161
Original post by dprogl
Il have to join both of those groups then, apparently there are only 16 people on the course. Im from southampton so not going into halls but might move nearer to the university. Im definitely looking forward to freshers and looking forward to starting. When do you move to Southampton? Where are you from?

Yeah I think we're all on the health science page! I know I couldn't believe it when they said there was only 16! I cant wait to get started! I've just turned 22 so going into mature halls... still dont know where, the wait is driving me crazy! Will be moving in on the 22/23 sept tho :smile: And I'm from basingstoke so really not far, But i've only ever been to soton for uni open days! Getting really excited now!! Where abouts in soton do you live atm?
Reply 2162
Original post by fallingleaves
I am also going to be studying Physiotherapy and staying in Daisy Banks!! :biggrin:

Daisy bank too! Ooo! Haha x
Original post by Rea Isabella
I've passed my access course, just needed to do my English, so waiting for that.. I've gone in as an independent student :smile: Hopefully see you guys on the 10th September.. I'm on a hen weekend in Marbella and don't get back until about 4pm on the Sunday, some serious sleeping is going to have to be done, I don't want my first day to be horrendous!! Lol :smile:

Hi! just noticed you did an access course? what was your course doing? i'm currently doing a access course and want to do physiotherapy at univeristy so just wanting to know what other access students are doing :smile: congrats on passing!
I did a access course through oxford college, it was a human biology diploma, I rang the university I wanted to go to and asked exactly what i had to do on top of what i already had an they recommended the course to me :smile: Thank you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone going Liverpool??

Reply 2166
Does anyone have any idea what size goniometer we need to buy? 6,8 or 12 inches?
Anyone at all doing physio in Cumbria so far met nobody
Has anyone had a confirmation on how much the student load will be? I've applied but haven't heard back and I'm trying to budget for the year. I am so confused. I live in Kent and will be commuting to London for my physio degree. The NHS website says their max bursary is £4737 and Directgov says

£1,000 grant from the NHS
£3,263 maintenance loan from Student Finance England

I've also seen we get a reduced loan because of the bursary. I will be means tested highest grant as I'm living alone on low income and 24 but being considered as an independent student showing I've supported myself for the last 3 years.
Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi All

Is anyone else on here studying Physio at Uwe?

Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by lama94
i applied to those two as my top aswell, got into allensbanks, kinda wanted to go to tallibont though :/ i tried to do the go further thing but it wouldnt let me fill in my details? ive like the fb page though :smile: have you found out your accomodation yet?

Heya I presume your also on the Allensbank 2012 page on fb! But I'm in flat 22 room A , wbu? :smile:
Reply 2171
Hertfordshire or East Anglia for BSc physiotherapy and why please
Many thanks
Medical

Anyone applying for Physiotherapy at Kings College?
Reply 2173
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of applying to physiotherapy as well.
Just wanted to know where you guys did your work experience (I live in London, Hillingdon area) so anywhere near that would be brilliant?

And my choices are likely to be Brunel, King's/St Georges, Hertfordshire, East London and Birmingham.
Do you think I have a chance in getting in with BCD grades (ABC prediction) but I'm retaking exams and completely knuckling down to try and increase them (was extremely disappointed by my grades)?
Reply 2174
I have applied to Birmingham, Kings College, UWE, Liverpool and Southampton. Any one else applied to these??

So far I have got a reply from Birmingham only with an invitation to an individual interview on 28th November. Does any one have any tips for the interview or could tell me what your experience was like? Or an idea of things I need to take/prepare for?

Any information would be really helpful.
Nervous but very excited! :smile:
Reply 2175
Original post by medical
Hertfordshire or East Anglia for BSc physiotherapy and why please
Many thanks
Medical

Hi
Which would you choose to study physiotherapy, Hertfordshire or UEA and why?
many thanks
Medical
Original post by medical
Hi
Which would you choose to study physiotherapy, Hertfordshire or UEA and why?
many thanks
Medical

The particular reasons to choose a certain uni for a Physiotherapy degree depend completely on the individual. All degrees have to pass certain regulations from the HCPC and the CSP to be able to run and for students to graduate at the end of them so content wise and teaching wise their all the same. It just depends on how you personally like to learn, some courses are much more academic than others and others are much more practical based, so the decision can only really be made by yourself.
Reply 2177
Hey!!

I have applied for B160 Bsc physio this year and I have an interview at Birmingham next Wednesday and an interview at Liverpool uni on 30th Jan and a conditional offer from Bristol UWE.

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any ideas of the questions/tips on the interviewing process??

Hope everyone is doing well where ever you are!

:smile:
Reply 2178
Had an interview at the University of Hertfordshire last week
The first one and I thought it went well

Quick Reply

Latest