The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

missing grades and still gettin offer?

how strict are city about grades? how many people still get offered a place even though theyve missed their offer? please say how far off you were and the course. THANKS :smile:
hi, i missed my offer by 1 grade for Diagnostic Radiography. I got BCD and not BBC

As i was offered a place withough an interview, I have a feeling it may have been to do with my P.S statement as i had alot of varied experience. But also my course did enter clearing too so they probs had spaces to give.

Hpe this helps
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mismatched_dollie_pepper
hi, i missed my offer by 1 grade for Diagnostic Radiography. I got BCD and not BBC

As i was offered a place withough an interview, I have a feeling it may have been to do with my P.S statement as i had alot of varied experience. But also my course did enter clearing too so they probs had spaces to give.

Hpe this helps

im predicted BCC. so i DOUBT id even get offers from city, but i was wondering.. what expericnce did you have?
Original post by hello123450
im predicted BCC. so i DOUBT id even get offers from city, but i was wondering.. what expericnce did you have?

i was predicted DDD, (although i already had a B at a level) so you should still give it a go and apply!
I did Occupational therapy experience(x2), diagnostic radiography experience, Therapeutic radiography experience, nursing work experience and physiotheraphy work experience. i spent a day in the hospital for each, but i also spent 5 weeks doing occupational therapy work experience. I was also part of st john ambulance and got to a basic first aider level.

work experience not only 'looks good' but was also advantageous in that it helped me decide what exactly it was i wanted to do. I'd reccomend geting some.

hope it helps xx
Reply 4
I know it's not about Economics but this could help .

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1655629&highlight=city+university

You could talk to the uni's representative if you have any issue.

Hope you get your problems sorted :smile:
Reply 5
hiya, i needed CCC plus and was predicted overall BBC, messed up and got CCD but still got into Adult Nursing (jan 2011 intake). I think it came down to how good i was in the interview and my personal statement i suppose. But i could not say if this is changing with recent budgeting. :smile:
Reply 6
hey guys, was just wondering what did you guys get for your biology? cos atm im predicted BBC B-accounting and sociology and C for bio. Also i already have a full A level for business studies with B. do you think they'll offer me a place?
Original post by felix1992
hey guys, was just wondering what did you guys get for your biology? cos atm im predicted BBC B-accounting and sociology and C for bio. Also i already have a full A level for business studies with B. do you think they'll offer me a place?

you had little-to nothing to lose by APLLYING in my opinion.
I got a C in biology, and was acutally predicted a D so just go for it.

x
Reply 8
There's something in the newspaper today about City offering £ to new students who get most grades over B. I was thinking of doing their writing course before doing drama somewhere but I'm going to speak to someone tomorrow about whether this applies now already. It would seem to suggest they do lesser offers but you wouldn't get a cash bonus. Does anyone know for sure?
Original post by bowiewhist
There's something in the newspaper today about City offering £ to new students who get most grades over B. I was thinking of doing their writing course before doing drama somewhere but I'm going to speak to someone tomorrow about whether this applies now already. It would seem to suggest they do lesser offers but you wouldn't get a cash bonus. Does anyone know for sure?

Which newspaper was this in? :smile: I find the accommodation is really expensive so having the chance of a cash bonus if possible would be amazing!
Hi guys i was wondering does city univeristy do clearing for radiography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending