The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Engineering Courses

Hiya. I’ve got a conditional offer from Sheffield for MEng Aerospace as my insurance offer. If I miss the grades for the MEng but still meet the grade requirement for the BEng, will I still be allowed in on the BEng course or will I be put in clearing?
Original post by PGKHAF
Hiya. I’ve got a conditional offer from Sheffield for MEng Aerospace as my insurance offer. If I miss the grades for the MEng but still meet the grade requirement for the BEng, will I still be allowed in on the BEng course or will I be put in clearing?

So you aren't "put into clearing" - if you get rejected then you can go through clearing but it's not mandatory by any means (and you do still need to actively engage in the process if you want to go through clearing - it's not a case of just waiting for an alternative offer to show up without doing anything!).

In terms of being offered a place on the BEng if you miss the grades for the MEng, it's possible but it's at the university's discretion, so nobody can say for sure. There's lots of factors which can also vary how likely they are to be able to do that year on year.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending