The Student Room Group

Just moved in and feel so awkward.

ok so i just moved into my halls today and was one of the first to move in so moving in I didnt see any of my flatmates. My mum and dad helped me move in so offered to go for lunch somewhere and i was hardly going to refuse as they drove 200 odd miles to get here, anyway i came back about 4pm after saying my goodbyes, and it looked as if noone was in my flat so i went straight to my room, after like 20 mins in my room i heard everyone in my flat come out of a roomates room, so i was stuck in my room while they were all chatting and getting on, I didnt want to come out because it might have looked like i had been there all day,now they have all gone out and i feel like such a tool and really awkward, and i have no idea what im going to say to them tomorrow, when i see them, seriously find it so depressing that im sitting in my dark room on my laptop while there all out having fun
Reply 1
You've seriously just got to coax your balls into life and go and introduce yourself
Reply 2
trust me i know ..and i wasnt even in the halls ...ive been sitting on my own for the past 7 nights all depressed and isolated ...ive decided to quit uni as this uni isnt for me ...but you might be at a good uni..i got in through clearing so its not my fav choice to go to the uni i am at now ...so im going home soon n get better ucas points so tht i can get to a uni tht i want to...im sure they'll be ok because in the halls everyone gets along ..ive been in a private rented and the other girls werent even there on the first 3 nights ...so youve got much better chance right now ....by the way ive been at uni for 1 week so thts why im leaving now lol ...dont want to scare u or anythings but mine was horrible so im off back home :smile:

good luck !
Reply 3
Wanna hear a joke about a pig?
No.
Well, this is porkward.
Mate, I moved in on Saturday and I was exactly the same as you. All my housemates had moved in on the Weds so I already felt a bit left out! They are nice enough guys but they don't really hang out with each other, they do there own thing, so I was sat in my room thinking woah .. this is gonna be uni! but I thought I'm not having this! so I branched out, I got to know two of my neighbours, brought them together with a girl i met on fb and her friend, now we have a nice little group going on!
Original post by mau5
Wanna hear a joke about a pig?
No.
Well, this is porkward.

You're so funny
Reply 6
walk around naked. it will break the tension.
Original post by siwelmail
You're so funny

I have a joke about a hawk. Its kind of Hawkward though.
dont worry too much just see them tomorrow and make sure you do ..... you'll be fine, dont worry!! by the end of the week you'll have lots of friends :biggrin: ! good luck!!
Original post by Hopsin rapper
I have a joke about a hawk. Its kind of Hawkward though.

I have a joke about you. You don't make any of them up. They're all groups on Facebook. You're original.

I have a joke about you. You don't make any of them up. They're all groups on Facebook. You're original.

Buzz Killington
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Buzz Killington

I do not like family guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending