Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aula)
    Well we do have dog collars.
    #mumjokes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    just got back from christmas vigil mass - my first mass in about 8 months. as un-catholic as this sounds, i think i needed this hiatus, i needed some space to sort out my questions and thoughts, and I'm so grateful that my parents understood and didn't force me to participate. i've decided that one of my new years' resolutions will be to go to mass once a week - and it doesn't necessarily have to be the sunday mass. i think given the last year and also how bad my MH can get, i think just aiming for once a week, any day of my choice, would be a good thing to aim for. merry christmas everybody
    Sorry I am only replying this now - read it on my phone and thought "must reply this on laptop later" and then of course forgot, typical TLG style

Sometimes a hiatus is good - as you know, I rarely attend church these days for health reasons. Sometimes one needs to take time out to be able to go back and participate properly. I think that's a really nice NY resolution and I wish you all the luck in the world :lovehug: Don't push yourself or be too hard on yourself though: if you can't go, you can't go! Some weeks will be better than others. I hope and pray it's a fruitful journey for you. Remember the Holy Spirit is always with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Sorry I am only replying this now - read it on my phone and thought "must reply this on laptop later" and then of course forgot, typical TLG style

Sometimes a hiatus is good - as you know, I rarely attend church these days for health reasons. Sometimes one needs to take time out to be able to go back and participate properly. I think that's a really nice NY resolution and I wish you all the luck in the world :lovehug: Don't push yourself or be too hard on yourself though: if you can't go, you can't go! Some weeks will be better than others. I hope and pray it's a fruitful journey for you. Remember the Holy Spirit is always with you

that sounds really spiritual :P and yeah my parents want us kids to go to mass everyday and we definitely cannot miss saturday and sunday mass as its A MUST!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pram)
    that sounds really spiritual :P and yeah my parents want us kids to go to mass everyday and we definitely cannot miss saturday and sunday mass as its A MUST!!
    We used to go to Sunday Mass pretty much every week without fail whilst we were growing up. Then my sisters fell away from the faith gradually, and I became ill. Now it's only my mum who goes and she doesn't go every week either :nah:

ReputationRep:
    happppyyyyyyyyyyy new year guys! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Happy New Year :grouphugs: :woo: :ahee: :party: :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Celebrating the feast of the Epiphany on the Sunday before seems weird. The crib is still out (at home and in church), as are my decorations. The church had many empty spaces too.

ReputationRep:
    My crib is still up too. My granny and I always swap presents for Epiphany as well

Happy new year guys, hope it's a good one!

ReputationRep:
    I am sure that tomorrow the people who have been killed in Paris this week will be remembered in the bidding prayers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!! I'm Catholic (hence why I'm here!!! ) I just wanted to ask you all: Do you think it's worth trying to defend your faith in the forums in the tsr religion section? Whenever I comment I always find myself arguing with atheists, should I just accept that people will smash religion and let them get on with it? Xx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by elmothedancer)
    Hey everyone!! I'm Catholic (hence why I'm here!!! ) I just wanted to ask you all: Do you think it's worth trying to defend your faith in the forums in the tsr religion section? Whenever I comment I always find myself arguing with atheists, should I just accept that people will smash religion and let them get on with it? Xx
    :hi:

Tbh I don't bother debating with them. I'll correct someone if what they're saying is actually factually incorrect about Catholicism. But if they're just on a ZOMG RELIGION IS EEEEEEEEEEEVIL rampage, then I'll leave them to it and keep a low profile coz I cba. I do admire those who try but I personally find it a futile exercise

ReputationRep:

Tbh I don't bother debating with them. I'll correct someone if what they're saying is actually factually incorrect about Catholicism. But if they're just on a ZOMG RELIGION IS EEEEEEEEEEEVIL rampage, then I'll leave them to it and keep a low profile coz I cba. I do admire those who try but I personally find it a futile exercise
    I think I agree. I might just take the policy of try to make sure people get their facts right and inform people if they have a genuine question but as you say leave them to it when they're on a rampage. Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think I agree. I might just take the policy of try to make sure people get their facts right and inform people if they have a genuine question but as you say leave them to it when they're on a rampage. Thanks
    No worries.

Tiz quite funny: not last year but the year before, I came 2nd place in the TSR 'Debater of the Year' category. Which is hilarious, given I don't tend to debate with people :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No worries.

Tiz quite funny: not last year but the year before, I came 2nd place in the TSR 'Debater of the Year' category. Which is hilarious, given I don't tend to debate with people :rofl:
    Maybe when you do debate you're just very good at it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe when you do debate you're just very good at it
    Haha, not at all

ReputationRep:

This :yep:

Into The Woods is a really good film :teeth:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aula)
    This :yep:

Into The Woods is a really good film :teeth:
    You're up late :eek:

And I didn't realise it was already out :eek3: Must go see it

ReputationRep:
    You're up late :eek:

And I didn't realise it was already out :eek3: Must go see it
    We ate really late and didn't cinema until after. Didn't even leave the cinema until after 1 :erm:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.