The Student Room Group

UCAS Reference and Personal statement

My lecturer at college has asked my class to complete the UCAS application if we plan to go to uni by the 30th of November. However, so far I have completed everything except my personal statement- I've even clicked send reference request email to my lecturer.

If I am able to do the personal statement section at a later date this will be a huge relief because I need more time to think about what I'm going to say and I don't want to rush it. Sorry If I am not making sense, Basically my question is 'will the lecturer write a reference for me if I haven't completed the personal statement section?

Thanks for the help in advance
(edited 12 years ago)
It depends on what your college policy is. At this stage, they will be hoping you're going to be ready to send your application off quite soon, as it's getting towards the end of term and large sixth forms may have a lot of people to process, which means you might have to add a couple of weeks onto the date you hand it in before it goes off. If you've not written your ps yet, your tutor may not be prepared to write a reference until you do, since it suggests you've not yet made up your mind what to apply for, and the reference really needs to be written to support your application to a specific course. If you mean, can you submit your UCAS form without a ps and add it later, the answer is no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending