The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP (reference section of UCAS application)

I’m a US student applying through the UCAS and am panicked about the reference section. I heard somewhere that you can’t edit your application (including personal statement, grades, etc.) after the referee enters their letter. I have not yet finished my personal statement and am still working out the details of some other aspects of the application. I want to give my referee enough time to write it, but would I have to completely finish everything else before she can do that??? Help I’m freaking out
I'm pretty sure that you can edit it after, but what you can do is ask your referee to write it to the requirements but not put it into UCAS yet. The reference system has also changed meaning that references are easier to write (more like a list than a letter) so time should be less of an issue.
Original post by nla710
I’m a US student applying through the UCAS and am panicked about the reference section. I heard somewhere that you can’t edit your application (including personal statement, grades, etc.) after the referee enters their letter. I have not yet finished my personal statement and am still working out the details of some other aspects of the application. I want to give my referee enough time to write it, but would I have to completely finish everything else before she can do that??? Help I’m freaking out
Reply 2
Make sure that your part of the application is totally correct and complete before you click pay-and-submit - this is what sends it to your referee for them to add their section.

Your referee can send the application 'back' to you if you ask them to so that you can correct/change something - but only if they have not yet sent it to UCAS. You have no input to the reference etc and you will still not be able to see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending