The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M4LLY
You could try getting a job maybe? I have 2

I'm only 15 and I plan on getting a job at 21?
Reply 741
this is a REALLY strange post! doesnt matter if you have 50 quid in your account or 5000 its how you spend your money and save it thats important. We are students we are 85% of the time going to be skint.
I live and work part time in london my student loan pays my rent then i live off my wages. I havent been able to save which is a shame however since starting uni i have never been in my overdraft so this is an acheivement i think. Reading this post has made me a bit sad as i wish i could save a bit of money but that time will come. :biggrin:
Reply 742
Original post by Bill_Gates
21 about 15k in my current account anything else i'd rather not discuss.

Jeez alot of negative rep for speaking the truth, well its 16k now anyway.

17k now.

I think a lot of people misunderstood this. Relevant username anyway haha.
Reply 743
£294 :frown:
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm only 15 and I plan on getting a job at 21?

Are your parents not going to pressure you? :L As soon as I was 16 my parents wouldn't. stop. nagging, :lol:
Reply 745
Original post by Jake22
I'm genuinely surprised how many people save money i.e. save money as a habit rather than save up for a holiday or a car or something.

I only ever saved money once in my life. I saved about ten grand the year before I went to university (was earning good coin and didn't have much living costs at the time so it wasn't so much of a hardship) but I did most of it in over the next couple of years by buying a car, going on a couple of holidays and generally topping up my student loans and so on.

I'm terrible with it in general - normally I will just spend whatever I've got without thinking. The more money I have on me - the more generous and wasteful I become with it.

I've got about a grand in the bank now but will probably be dipping into it for a couple of trips.

EDIT: Out of interest - why the negs? Jealous? If it makes you happy the grand won't last that long and I'm not earning so much these days.

How did you earn so much before uni?

PS. With regards to the negs, I would pos you if I could but I've used my daily allowance already. It's only internet points anyway haha.
I've got £39 in my current account and £5 in my savings account.... I'm terrible at saving money!
:awesome:
Reply 747
Original post by xander93
How did you earn so much before uni?

PS. With regards to the negs, I would pos you if I could but I've used my daily allowance already. It's only internet points anyway haha.

I was working full time for five years and managed to get good experience. Also, at the time my costs were really low - was paying an interest only mortgage on a house that cost less than £40k.
Reply 748
-£500 odd quid. It's horrible leaving in your overdraft I hate it, defiantly budgeting better next year!
Reply 749
Original post by Jake22
I was working full time for five years and managed to get good experience. Also, at the time my costs were really low - was paying an interest only mortgage on a house that cost less than £40k.

Ah I see!
~£2000 in savings account which is just any money Ive been given for my bithday over the last 18 years, rather than spending it I saved it for uni.

~£250 in my usable account, but I am awaiting payday! Although saying that I do need to pay my mum my share of the rent yet :frown:
82p :frown:
Reply 752
About £6000-7000, £2,000 of which is going towards 1st year uni tuition fees!
In my current account I have about a fiver.... but in my savings account I have £3000 so not too bad. I am 20. I am working (paid not voluntary!) at the Olympics and have a part time job too so hopefully going to have about £5000 by end of the summer :smile:
Reply 754
Original post by Ryan44
About £6000-7000, £2,000 of which is going towards 1st year uni tuition fees!

Aren't you getting a loan?
Reply 755
Original post by iPhone
Aren't you getting a loan?

Yeah my grandparents accumulated that £2000 in bonds when i was born to go towards university, so I'll get tuition fee loans for the rest of it!
I think we should put photos of our bank statements online, just to prove what we all say.
Original post by SoNottingH
I think we should put photos of our bank statements online, just to prove what we all say.

Remembering to black out the account number and sort code of course :tongue:
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Remembering to black out the account number and sort code of course :tongue:

LOL yes. :yep:

Also evidence of savings, etc and any money market accounts.
Original post by SoNottingH
LOL yes. :yep:

Also evidence of savings, etc and any money market accounts.

Oh my, you're very nosy aren't you :tongue:

How much do you have, out of interest?

Latest

Trending

Trending