The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyde
I hate the feel and texture of velvet :s-smilie:

Especially if you run your hand backwards against the pile ugh, shudder :eek: I was made to wear velvet dresses as a kid even though I hated it, I swear its damaged me!

I'm a strange one.

I have it too.

I have quite severe photophobia. It sucks.:frown:
I have a phobia of eggs freaked out when holding them, feel sick if I have to whisk them. Don't like the feel or look or them.

I knew a girl who was frightened of pineapples. Her friends hid a pineapple in her locker once...
My friend has a phobia of cheese!
im only scared of camera flashes when the picture is about to be taken , i always seem to flinch for some reason
Reply 204
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
I fell down an escalator once when I was four. I didn't get hurt though and it didn't cause a phobia - I think I was a bit nervous the next time I went on one, but I wasn't terrified or anything.

My shoelace has got stuck in an elevator once, as the escalator kept going it became tighter and tighter.
I'm absolutely terrified of Shepherd's pie, to the point even writing it or thinking about it makes me feel sick.
I have a fear of elbows, typing it even sends shivers down my spine...I just feel like the elbow joint is going to bend the other way and crack :frown:
I used to have a weird phobia of paper in year 8 but that's disappeared over time, i had a feeling that my teeth would scrape against paper and make a squeaking sound...So reading book out in class was such a challenge:P
(edited 12 years ago)
I've an odd fear of having been in a horrific accident as a rich man and being offered some kind of easy option to deal with the mental defecit.
Every time something good happens to me I get this like "Well what if it's all being controlled by my vast riches before I got some sort of ****ed up mental defecit and couldn't function at a high enough level"
The idea of it scares the hell out of me.
trypophobia - fear of closely arranged holes..*shudder*
ornithophobia - fear of birds (pigeons)
Reply 209
My friend is scared of the bit of skin between the thumb and the forefinger... I didn't believe it either. Until she fainted when I got a papercut there :s-smilie:
Meanwhile I'm your typical frogs/slugs/swimming/dead pigeon phobic :biggrin:
Reply 210
my phobia of moths is so severe that i managed to knock myself unconcious running away from one :colondollar:

im also a little bit scared of looking out of windows at night ever since a couple of years ago when i was getting a glass of water and looked out the window in front of me and a pair of eyes were staring back which caused to drop the glass of water and run out the room screaming, my mum then went and checked the window and turns out it was my cat sitting on the windowsill outside. i was not amused :colonhash:
I used to know someone who was scared of both tuna and mayonnaise. Tuna mayo was her worst nightmare.

I'm scared of injections/blood tests, furnaces/crematoriums/sentients on fire and power tools. These used to be full-blown phobias but I'm getting better with age and exposure.
Reply 212
Ever since i saw Child's Play, i feel a little freaky when i see a doll with a stupid grin on its face.
Original post by Besakt
My shoelace has got stuck in an elevator once, as the escalator kept going it became tighter and tighter.

Oh my god, when I was wee this was my worst nightmare. I was so terrified of it happening I would take a huge jump off the bottom/top of the escalator, and then when I was walking away I'd have to keep turning round to check I wasn't attached. I don't wear shoes with laces anymore = problem solved.

I have trypophobia too, which from this thread seems more common than I thought! My mum has it too, but she's also scared of swarms of things like butterflies on a tree trunk. I often hear horrified screaks from the kitchen when she's seen a bunch of Cheerios stuck to the bottom of the bowl, or marks in the bottom of a pan from cooking rice. I must admit these do make me feel quite sick too.

Also people in full-body costumes, CLOWNS (seriously, why do they even exist?), facepaint, Punch & Judy style puppets with shiny hard faces, china dolls etc.

I'm also scared of swings, not looking at them still, but actually being on one, or watching other people on them. And terrifying little fingers in the insides of passionfruit, melons and other seedy fruits, they are like freaky little rubbery villi.. urghh. :ashamed2:
Reply 214
Feet, escaltors that go down, clowns and freaky dolls that look like they're watching your every move *shudder*
Reply 215
Original post by tomatoslayer
trypophobia - fear of closely arranged holes..*shudder*
ornithophobia - fear of birds (pigeons)

I didn't particularly like some of the google image results for trypophobia, but on their own, how can closely-arranged holes cause fears. I suppose that's why a phobia is an irrational fear.
Erm...buttered knives..:colondollar:
I've had a phobia of fluff since I was born, I've tried facing my fear but it's just not use, I don't understand why I am scared of it though I mean it's harmless! I would really like to get over the phobia I mean 18 years being scared of fluff just isn't good, I have a teddy I got for my first Christmas and it was constantly ripping and tearing is this why I am scared because of the attachment with my teddy. I need answers 😂
Please check thread dates before posting. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending