The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cdsmith1990
Bepanthem is awesome stuff to use!

I got my sleeve finished Thursday, got home, removed the cling film and gently washed it, then applied a thin layer of Bepanthem..

Did the same thing Friday, then Saturday I washed it off again but didn't reapply, I just let it air out. It's a little bit tight still but it's healing fine.

It'll start drying out and peeling next week at which point I'll use a little bit of moisturiser, Jergens Naturals Cocoa Butter usually.. After that it's pretty much healed within a week.

I've been following that routine for 18+ hours of work on my sleeve and it's healed amazingly :smile:

Ooh! Would you mind posting a picture? I'm intrigued as to how your sleeve looks :biggrin:
Original post by mimimimi
Ooh! Would you mind posting a picture? I'm intrigued as to how your sleeve looks :biggrin:

I'll try to get an up to date photo later, I had posted some a while ago but Photobucket won't let me login to find them..
I'm pretty sure they sell it in most supermarkets :smile: It'll probably be with the baby stuff, though. Definitely available in all pharmacies as well, obviously. Did the sheet suggest Bepanthen too?

Have to pop down the shop tommorow then, been about 6 hours so far arm feels numb as **** not gonna lie!!!
Original post by Rich_183
Have to pop down the shop tommorow then, been about 6 hours so far arm feels numb as **** not gonna lie!!!

Ah, you should have got some today! I'm shocked that they didn't tell you to go and buy some straight after or anything :s-smilie: You should start applying it from the first day you have your tattoo...
oh ****!! do u think its gona delay the healing process? btw is it possible to hvae a shower without the dressing on yet?
oh ****!! do u think its gona delay the healing process? btw is it possible to hvae a shower without the dressing on yet?

What sort of shonky ass tattoo parlour did you go to? Did you get no aftercare info at all?
Original post by Trigger
What sort of shonky ass tattoo parlour did you go to? Did you get no aftercare info at all?

This.

Seriously... What does this piece of paper they gave you actually say?! Does it have any useful information on it at all?
This.

Seriously... What does this piece of paper they gave you actually say?! Does it have any useful information on it at all?

I had a tattoo done last week and received no aftercare information :s-smilie: I asked what to put on it and they said if it gets itchy put some E45 cream on it but that's all they said!
Without trying to sound harsh, i dont think a few of you are doing enough research, asking enough questions or finding good enough studios by what you are saying.
Have spent the last week shopping for piercings XD
If anyone knows anywhere I can get some unusual labrets, or lip rings, that'd be cool. I really want a little lightning bolt but I've only been able to find one of those and it's like £20 or something....

Wondering to get somewhere else done to get more interesting body jewellery... I've never been interested in stretching before but all the stuff they have on offer looks amazing.....
and you can get pretty much anything for a navel piecing....
GAH. I don't know.
Original post by Mm_Minty

GAH. I don't know.

The lengths I go to, to be all matchy matchy with my two navel piercings is so hilarious! You really can get anything for a navel piercing!

I find piercings and buying jewellery to be very addictive. I got my last piercing about 2 weeks ago and I'm already planning the next. There are just so many I love the look of and I have a great piercer so why not!
Reply 5331
Original post by Trigger

Original post by Trigger
Without trying to sound harsh, i dont think a few of you are doing enough research, asking enough questions or finding good enough studios by what you are saying.

A good studio is more expensive and may not have anything available for months, though.
Sa-wheet.
Shame I found this after I've removed about 1/2 the piercings.
Original post by Juno
A good studio is more expensive and may not have anything available for months, though.

The studios I've been to didn't have huge waiting lists (a couple of days) and provided me with plenty of aftercare information... It's just normal protocol. My tattoos weren't expensive, either.
Can anyone recommend a place to buy bars for a nipple piercing? (and how soon can I be changing the bars that have been in from the start?)
Reply 5335
Original post by Mm_Minty
Have spent the last week shopping for piercings XD
If anyone knows anywhere I can get some unusual labrets, or lip rings, that'd be cool. I really want a little lightning bolt but I've only been able to find one of those and it's like £20 or something....

Wondering to get somewhere else done to get more interesting body jewellery... I've never been interested in stretching before but all the stuff they have on offer looks amazing.....
GAH. I don't know.

BJS do a lightning bolt but it's pretty small...also your piercing will need to be 1.6mm & you'll need an internally threaded labret stud. BJS has a fairly good selection of push-fit & threaded ends actually. BodyArtForms.com is the main jewellery site I use. Most of the other interesting jewellery sites that I know are mostly for plugs - you're right, there's some amazing stuff out there for stretched piercings!
Original post by Juno

Gosh you are right, you may as well go somewhere a bit shoddy to get what you want right away :yes: best to get what you want now and pay less then wait and get something youl love forever!

:h:
Reply 5337
Woohoo! My replacement BAF stuff came today after the postman squished the others :sad:

They are so gorgeous and colour changey.
Original post by Trigger

Nah I did get an aftercare info sheet but was hungover as **** and forgot which pocket I put it in haha nevermind have it now and it reveals all.... place looked modern n clean and cost was average for the size so hopefully it will be ok
Nah I did get an aftercare info sheet but was hungover as **** and forgot which pocket I put it in haha nevermind have it now and it reveals all.... place looked modern n clean and cost was average for the size so hopefully it will be ok

They tattoo'd you when you were hungover? The fact you went in hungover was silly enough

Quick Reply

Latest