The Student Room Group

Job for 14 year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I'm 14 and really want a job to earn extra money can anyone come up with reasonable suggestions please reply thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Man, I wish I was 14 rather than 23. There are a lot of things that I would do differently.

I guess retail is an obvious place to work, ask there.
You are unlikely to get work in retail at 14 - 15 just about, but it's normally 16.

You could try online survey sites - some let you be younger, and the money isn't great but it's still money. If any of your relatives own a business they may pay you to do menial tasks in an office or something. Your best option is probably something entrepreneurial - do you have any skills? Drawings sell for a lot if they are good, and private tutors (you could do primary level or music teaching)get paid a lot. Probably less at 14, but again, it's money. Finally, BABYSITTING. I did that at 14, and it's good money. Advertise around your town if you don't know anyone with children.

Good luck :smile:

Edit: Oh, and paper rounds traditionally.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I started off working at 14 washing up in a local pub - I'd definitely recommend it. Not too taxing, and doesn't necessarily mean you have to lose your whole weekend being at work. There's usually room to move to other jobs within the pub once you're old enough. From pot wash, once I turned 16, I started waitressing. They then let me have my job back during the holidays while I was at uni, and I'm now working there whilst looking for a grown up job!
Paper round. Check out TNT.com
Original post by MikeyWigham
Hi I'm 14 and really want a job to earn extra money can anyone come up with reasonable suggestions please reply thanks :smile:

You could get a paper round, try your local shops/newsagents.
Or you could try and get a job as a waitress at a restaurant/pub.
Reply 6
Pretty much just paperounds or working in the back of local shops if you are lucky. You can also go wash cars on your own, be imaginative! :smile:
Paper round. All you really can do until you're 16, tbh. Insurance reasons.
i am looking for a job, i am 14 years old
OP is 20 now :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending