The Student Room Group

Paper round

I am 14 years old can I get a paper round job
Yes, in the UK, it is possible for a 14-year-old to get a paper round job. Paper rounds are often a popular choice for young teenagers who are looking for their first part-time job. However, it's important to note that the availability of paper round jobs may vary .

To find a paper round job, you can follow check with local newsagents, local newspapers, online job portals, etc.
Also ask friends, family, or neighbors if they know of any paper round jobs available.

When applying for a paper round job, be prepared to demonstrate your punctuality, and willingness to work early mornings or on weekends. It's probably a good idea to create a simple CV.

Keep in mind that there may be certain regulations regarding employment for minors in the UK, such as limits on working hours and types of work. Ensure that you and your parents are aware of these regulations and that the job you choose complies with them.

Good luck with your job search!
You are able to, however, you may want to consider these factors before you accept any job:

- You will need to have a method of transportation such as a bike, and you need to be able to carry all the newspapers on this vehicle
- This job will involve you waking up early, especially on school days - you need to be willing to wake up at any time
- Working hours can fluctuate a lot
Original post by taylor2317
- You will need to have a method of transportation such as a bike, and you need to be able to carry all the newspapers on this vehicle

That just depends where you are, my route was walkable with a bag and in fact getting on and off a bike every 2 mins would have been really annoying, I've seen places that drop you off at your run start and collect you at the end as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending