The Student Room Group

William hill interview tommorow.. Help ! :)

So done the phone interview aced it, now i got a face to face interview tomorrow? what kind of questions do they ask, any tips?,
anything would be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey how did the interview go? Did you get the job? If so what happen next? I looked at my online status and it says "Application status: Provisional offer, Congratulations!"

What does this actually mean? Because even though that is written Ive not had a call from them and I've accepted another job which I start tomorrow but I'd actually prefer this one. :/
Reply 2
hi did you find out what the status :tongue:rovisional offer meant, as mine says the same thing
Hi friends I m new at this site. Last week I had face to face interview with William Hill. I had been assured to reply within 2-3 days. Its been a week now but still I haven't heard from them. Do you know what will happen next??? I m keen to get work with William Hill.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Application Status: scheduled for 1st interview
Reply 4
Hey guys,
@baby1282 ..congratulations! Like myself you've got the job. The way I found out is when I rang them and they were able to tell me what shop I'm gonna be located (Edgware Road), the only thing is I had to call them and the person I spoke to says they should of called me when they updated the online status, so ide say give them a ring. Let us know which shop your in :smile:

@dhruv.savaliya87 ..You'll just have to be patient, if you've got the job they'll update your online status to "provisional offer". Good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
hi @iNadine5.1 did they say when you would start work, after you called them??
Reply 6
how long after the online tests did they contact people?
Reply 7
3/4 days usually
Reply 8
rejected 4 hours later! quite shocked pretty sure I got everything right on the first 2 maths sections, mustnt have liked my answers in the last bit!
Reply 9
Hey!

@D.unit .. yeah kind of well in the interview they asked me "if I were successful" when would I be available for induction. So I kind of knew when it would be however I didn't expect induction to be two days but to answer your question ide be starting straight after which would be the 18th. Were u successful?

@treble03 .. unlucky dude! Umm I got an email and an update on my online status from them about three days later. Make another email add and try again, ude know what to expect now or try paddy power, I got that one but had to turn it down, the interview was pretty simple and easy.

:smile:
Original post by Stevo112
x

I've quoted this guy to get his attention as I know he works for WH so may be able to answer any questions. If it's any use, I work for Coral so may be able to help with interview techniques or what you may be in for.
Reply 11
like I said I probably ace'd the maths, maybe lack of retail experience or because I have an online account with them and its frowned upon? Most the shops around here are William Hill so no luck there
Original post by treble03
like I said I probably ace'd the maths, maybe lack of retail experience or because I have an online account with them and its frowned upon? Most the shops around here are William Hill so no luck there

For what it's worth, the fact that you have an account with them will have been neither here nor there. They may have checked their database with your details but unless they found you had a chronic gambling addiction it wouldn't have affected the outcome. Keep trying though! The more you pester them, the more they'll take note. Bookies have a massive staff turnover and alot of bookies (well round my area) are short staffed.
Reply 13
@treble03 doubt it's the account thing, I've got two online accs with them, let them know in the interview too. Obvs have to be closed when I officially start..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
ah well nothing I can do now, shame I think id be pretty suited to working there
Reply 15
Original post by iNadine5.1
Hey!

@D.unit .. yeah kind of well in the interview they asked me "if I were successful" when would I be available for induction. So I kind of knew when it would be however I didn't expect induction to be two days but to answer your question ide be starting straight after which would be the 18th. Were u successful?

yh i was successful, need to call them up about the location though, think ill do it on monday, as I have some stuff to do before then..
Reply 16
@D.unit ..well done! You from London?

Hey!!
Next update after provisional status "Application Status: Offer Made, Congratulations! We're delighted to let you know that you have been successful through the final stage of the selection process."

Just accepted! :biggrin:

Reply 17
@iNadine5.1
yaaay i had to call dem up 2,have induction next week but will be working in peckham william hill,have u filled out the online details required
congratulationsss
Reply 18
Original post by baby1282
@iNadine5.1
yaaay i had to call dem up 2,have induction next week but will be working in peckham william hill,have u filled out the online details required
congratulationsss

@baby1282 ..Congratulations to you too. Is your induction in Finsbury Park? ..mines on the 16th. It's funny just yesterday I had to reject a position in Peckham but for Paddy Power. Yh filled it all out like 2 hrs ago they sent me my contract first, the benefits seem good. :smile:

Travelling up to manchester for an interview on Tuesday. I have previously worked with William Hill but can't remember what they asked word for word but I am pretty sure they just ask why you want to work for them? What skills you bring to the company? Examples of good customer services.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending