The Student Room Group

help!

just confirmed nottingham for child nursing and need loads of help please. how do you apply for the course fees, bursary and also the accommodation at nottingham, any help is appreciated, thanks xxx
Reply 1
You'll get all the information you need in the next few months.
hey ive applied for childrens nursing at nottingham too and confirmed my offer, your student tuiton fees and maintiance loan need to go through student finance uk... the NHS bursary finance goes through the uni and they send you out the paperwork :biggrin: hope that helps... what accomidation are you applying for? ive done st peters court on suite .. as rileigh park said they dont offer it to undergrauates! x
Reply 3
There are no tuition fees, they are paid by the NHS. In order to make sure the NHS pay them, you will need to apply for the bursary, even if you don't receive the bursary. The university will let NHS bursaries know you have an offer and NHS bursaries will send you a reference number. No one will send you the paperwork, you will have to print it off and fill it in yourself. To get the maintenance loan, you can apply online at student finance england. You need to do this before 31st May to guarantee you will get it when you start the course. You will only be eligible for a reduced maintenance loan of around £2324 (something like that). For information about accommodation, contact the university's accommodation department. Because you are doing nursing, I would not advise catered halls, as you will miss out on a lot of meals when you are on placement. If you are in catered halls and on placement, you are likely to miss breakfast, lunch and dinner, and if the halls are catered they do not have adequate cooking facilities (just a microwave and toaster) to make meals when you have missed one. Also, in catered halls there will be no meals during the holidays, when you are still there and everyone else is on holiday. I would speak to the university accommodation department and ask which halls student nurses/midwives often go for, because it is nice to be with other student nurses and midwives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending