The Student Room Group

Victoria Secret 2012 - Westfield / Bond Street

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a phone call this morning and was asked a few simple questions such as why I would like to work for VS, what attracted me to want to apply and what strengths I could bring to the company. I was then offered a group interview and a confirmation email would be sent to me. How long does it take for the email to come through?
Reply 21
Original post by missfashionista
Thanks for the info.. were there many people? :smile:

Did they tell you what date the store opens? I cant wait to shop there..

The store on New Bond Street opens on 25th July and Westfield opens on 26th. I have a group interview too, what day is yours? :smile:
Reply 22
the email i got came right after the phone interview. my interview's tomorrow! too bad they know im leaving london till september. Im also wear a pencil skirt and a short sleeve shirt, tucked in, mid black heels. Way too hot to wear a jacket right now, will just sweat before i get there haha!
Reply 23
Just went today, There are so many girls, split into smaller groups after writing down Availability form.

My Group was just 3 people, with an observer, she was from New york, the district manager of UK, and an interviewer, she was from UK.
Questions are just like the ones the other person posted before. It was alright overall, they're really friendly and just remember to smile loads, loosen up and be all-american. The interview only lasted less than an hour for my small group. They said will hear from them 10 days after if get in or not. Training is mid to end of June, Store plans to open end of July, but no set date yet.

Some girls wore sandals and a tank top dress, but majority wore professional black, it was really hot today but still... I didn't wear a jacket and it was already boiling outside!

Hope everyone else's interview goes well! xx
Reply 24
I had mine a couple days ago. I wore standard black work trousers n a black shirt with a pink ( :wink: ) tank underneath. Some girls wore 6" heels :confused: but for the most part it was business black and blazers all round.

With my group there were 12 girls taken to a room, we filled in some forms for availability and which store we wanted to work at (you can choose both). Then we were split into 2 groups one of 4 and one of 8 - I was in the 8, we were interviewed by 2 managers, one of Bond Street and one of Stratford.

They asked:

Why did you choose to apply for VS?
Tell us about one time you dealt with a difficult customer
Where is your favorite place to shop and why
How would your best friend describe you?

They were kind of pressed for time so if you want to prepare for any questions prepare to possibly be rushed answering them as well.

Good luck on your interviews! x
Reply 25
Hey has anyone heard anything back yet? Meowcat I was in the same group as u =]. Got a call back the following day =]. Good luck everyone
Reply 26
Yeah I applied for a modelling job, doing my first shoot next week, I am so beautiful.
Reply 27
Original post by MaddiieJAYY
American Style Customer Service?

Its actually NON english customer service, any country on the planet other than england has this styled customer service. As if they take pride in their job and enjoy it rather than being snark and snappy whenever you need their help.
Reply 28
hahah yes I got an offer already, but im part time so i guess its a little different in terms of hiring and giving offers, i wont start till september, but they already offered :biggrin: so yay!! good luck everyone
Reply 29
hi

i had a group interview with VS last week they have asked these question

Why did you choose to apply for VS?
Tell us about one time you dealt with a difficult customer?
Where is your favorite place to shop and why
How would your best friend describe you?
what is the most awarding feeling you have at work?
what did you dislike at at your last job?

try to be the one to who answer all question 1st and smile each time when you answer

must wear all black (must!)

the next day i got call, and been offered to work for them :biggrin: , training is in june.

gd luck x :biggrin:
For those that went to a group interview, where there male applicants?
Reply 31
can someone tell me < for those that have passed the group interview for VS and who have now been booked for training (june) is the training for one day or the week ? :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Dr Tenacious
For those that went to a group interview, where there male applicants?

male applicants applying for VS positions.. would they allow that ? and

did u see male applicants among interview group ? :smile:
Original post by ilondon
male applicants applying for VS positions.. would they allow that ? and

did u see male applicants among interview group ? :smile:

Well, I have been doing some research and men can work at VS, but not in the fitting room area etc. By your response Im guessing that there were no male applicants at the interview. I need a job, so I might apply lol
Reply 34
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Well, I have been doing some research and men can work at VS, but not in the fitting room area etc. By your response Im guessing that there were no male applicants at the interview. I need a job, so I might apply lol

to be honest , there was a guy there in the group of 8 i think. i was jus wasn't sure if they can apply.

http://www.vsjobs.co.uk < apply through here, :biggrin:
Reply 35
ilondon - i start training 2nd July but know ppl who are starting 25th June and 9th July and we were told 1 week training in the afternoon only =S but we should get an email the week beforehand confirming place, time, duration etc. :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by J0yce
ilondon - i start training 2nd July but know ppl who are starting 25th June and 9th July and we were told 1 week training in the afternoon only =S but we should get an email the week beforehand confirming place, time, duration etc. :biggrin:

hi joyce :biggrin:

i start training on 18th June and found out today that the training will be for 1 week for fixed numbers of hours . and also the same they have not decide as yet where venue will be and times and so on.

but then what happens after ????

did u get ur contract by email. ? do u mind we exchange email, inbox me ur email. :smile:
Reply 37
Hi girls,

I got an offer aswell, starting 25th june. Idont really understands what will happen after the one week of training. As read, the store opens on july 26th. Do you guys have any more details. PLease inbox me your email address aswell.
thank you,

bye
Reply 38
Original post by Felicia01
Hi girls,

I got an offer aswell, starting 25th june. Idont really understands what will happen after the one week of training. As read, the store opens on july 26th. Do you guys have any more details. PLease inbox me your email address aswell.
thank you,

bye

hi , i have inboxed u a message , jus tell email when u can.
Reply 39
Ilondon I've no idea how to use this site.

Inbox me and I'll reply with my email for ya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending