The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel History Unit 3 12th June 2012 (Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Seeing all these posts about the Cold War, the French Revolution and Nazi Germany is really making it all the more obvious how boring the Tudors are. I'm sure they're just as horrible, but I still feel jealous of all the other options :P
Reply 481
Original post by Cassius
Seeing all these posts about the Cold War, the French Revolution and Nazi Germany is really making it all the more obvious how boring the Tudors are. I'm sure they're just as horrible, but I still feel jealous of all the other options :P

Agree with this so much, no idea why our school choose the Tudors :frown:

I've taken a pretty big gamble on A, haven't bothered learning Anglo-Spanish at all really, am like an expert on Religioious changes and factions, and know the changes to machinery of government very vaguely.

Here's to hoping faction/ religion comes up :/
Original post by flying_ifan
... but the sample paper was:

"How far do you agree with the view that the Cold War came to an end because of popular protests in Eastern Europe which the USSR was powerless to resist?"

COULD U Past me a sample paper pelase ?? would help me soooo much thanks
honestly, you're all scaring me so much. everyone knows everything and i litterall know nothing about the cold war! still undecided on whether to learn origins or endings! haven't even started1!!!!! ahhhhhh
Reply 484
Hi im doing the Same exam same date but mine is on USA boom, bust and recovery any help?
Reply 485
Anybody doing Option E: International Relations 1879-1941?
I need an A* in this exam, roughly 105/120 UMS. Quite worried to say the least.
Original post by HolliexxM
Anybody doing 'D2 Britain and the Challenge of Fascism: Saving Europe at a Cost? c1925–60'?

Meeee!! Feeling extremely stressed so much to learn so little time! What are you hoping for?
Yes I'm awake at this time as I cannot sleep, worrying :/
Reply 487
Original post by Retro.spex
Panic setting in.

Original post by Radradrad
^^

Omg i'm hoping to do history at royal holloway aswell! What grades do u need to get?
Reply 488
Original post by daniellexo
honestly, you're all scaring me so much. everyone knows everything and i litterall know nothing about the cold war! still undecided on whether to learn origins or endings! haven't even started1!!!!! ahhhhhh

What grade do u need to get in this exam? I'd suggest doing the end of the cold war, it's easier to grasp and more to talk about, i find.
Reply 489
Original post by zmian10
Omg i'm hoping to do history at royal holloway aswell! What grades do u need to get?

My offer was AAB but I saw others get much more generous offers. I turned them down for Kings firm and Gold insurance. I can't afford to move out and it was just too far away for me. Shame though because it looks lovely and it is a good course and I'd love to get out of the smoke.

Good luck!
Original post by Nay24
It seems like the prediction is the Second Reich and the Stresemann years :smile:

Also for Germany there is only been two papers so far and both are June (they don't do a january one for this) :smile:

Hope this helps!

thankyou that is very hopeful, i'm banking on imperial germany as it's all i really know in depth, now to tackle stresemann :smile:

are you using the old kaiser to fuhrer white book, i find it better than the modern one
Original post by Forget that
religious fundamentalism? woa i can write one paragraph about that at the most. :s-smilie:
I think opposition will definitely come up, but what sort of question could they write about that topic?? 'To what extent was Huey long a threat' or something along those lines. Or they could just screw us over and ask two questions about McCarthy two consecutive years in a row.

Religious fundamentalism is basically the divide between rural vs urban and the Scopes trial -you can expand that to include the KKK and even Prohibition as the Woman's Christian Temperance Union were the ones who mainly campaigned for it.

Opposition will most likely be in section A if it does come up because Section B is just the Depression and the New Deal (occasionally mixed with WWII). That was my mistake in the previous post.

They could ask 'To what extent was the left-wing opposition Roosevelt faced the most serious' or something like that. McCarthyism would be a good question but there's the risk of talking too much about the 2nd red scare.
Original post by WH1892
I was confident yesterday now I'm bricking it!

Not helped by the Euro's being on telly!

Haha, luckily for me I have no football knowledge whatsoever. What topic are you doing?

Original post by ohmagicbox
Ok, French Revolution is doing my head in, anyone else share my pain or are you all doing the fun options? :P :smile:

Yep, I share your pain. The terror is just a killer of a topic :mad:
Panic setting in too. Really hoping I won't need to delve into Molotov and Beria and all that. There's barely anything to talk about, a paragraph maybe but not a full essay :frown:.
Original post by life_is_art25
Religious fundamentalism is basically the divide between rural vs urban and the Scopes trial -you can expand that to include the KKK and even Prohibition as the Woman's Christian Temperance Union were the ones who mainly campaigned for it.

Opposition will most likely be in section A if it does come up because Section B is just the Depression and the New Deal (occasionally mixed with WWII). That was my mistake in the previous post.

They could ask 'To what extent was the left-wing opposition Roosevelt faced the most serious' or something like that. McCarthyism would be a good question but there's the risk of talking too much about the 2nd red scare.

I'm really hoping for Opposition to the New Deal (A question), and they haven't done a "Reasons for the Boom?" A question yet, which would be very nice. Prohibition maybe, and maybe even a "Rural/ urban divide" or reasons for tensions in American society? Who knows...

In terms of B - I prefer the Depression-based questions rather than the New Deal...

I can't believe that it's all nearly over!!
Original post by Retro.spex
Haha, luckily for me I have no football knowledge whatsoever. What topic are you doing?

Yep, I share your pain. The terror is just a killer of a topic :mad:

We skipped over the Bourbon Restoration :/ wonder if you know if there are any good sites online?
any last min revision tips? is it best to go over my essays or just try member as much from he book as possss? teacher advised book !
Reply 497
Original post by FuzzySheep
If you're willing to take a gamble, I would say only fully revise the war economy part in wartime Germany, as the two other sections from that area (final solution ans opposition) have already come up. Skimming through the others would be just a safety, and then you can spend a good chunk of the day on exam technique. :smile:

I stand by this gamble, I noticed this also and aim to do this today. Another question I would advise on studying really well is Nazi consolidation of power... the board are yet to ask about this and there is a specimen essay on the Access to History website. Good luck. :smile:
God, I feel sick with nerves.
Reply 499
What would you write about how sino-soviet relations effected US-USSR relations? Not much to argue on that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending