The Student Room Group

In a relationship, but in love with my ex.

Hi TSR, I'm new here and I need help.

I've recently started a new relationship with.. let's call her E. The problem is, I think I'm still in love with my past girlfriend. I was so happy with her, but the age gap of 15 years drove us apart. What do I do? I feel like, by writing this i'm cheating on E.

What's worse, is I'm always in other countries so don't get to see either alot.

Help me please?
Well "Harry", if you're not over Caroline then should you really be with someone else? It's not exactly fair on "E" is it?

Ps. Can I have Zayn's number? Cheers.
Reply 2
I think it's not fair in E too ...
However, staying with her can also help you move on your ex.
Original post by Ma-Rine
I think it's not fair in E too ...
However, staying with her can also help you move on your ex.

To be fair that's really selfish.

Why should his girlfriend be his little experiment to help him get over his ex?
Reply 4
I went into my (current) relationship perfectly aware I still had feelings for my ex, but when my boyfriend asked me out I let him know from the start that this was the case, and he still wanted to be with me. Now I'm happy with him as well as still working over removing the tiny feelings I have left for my ex.

My advice would be to let 'E' know, and if she still wants to stick around it's not as 'unfair' because she will be aware of your feelings for your ex. If you can't be honest and if you can't get over your feelings anytime soon then perhaps ending the relationship or taking a break might be best. Also, is there any chance that 'E' will be feeling the same way you do Harry? G'luck either way.
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending