The Student Room Group

Stories of how people have redeem themselves academically

for example getting low AS/ high A2 grades
Just to keep levels of motivation high since i'm seriously starting to doubt myself. I have BBC as AS and i'm somehow meant to get to AAB for A2.

I'd just like to know how people came about situations like this :smile:

edit: I spelted "redeemed" wrong, don't hate on me :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by YB101
for example getting low AS/ high A2 grades
Just to keep levels of motivation high since i'm seriously starting to doubt myself. I have BBC as AS and i'm somehow meant to get to AAB for A2.

I'd just like to know how people came about situations like this :smile:

edit: I spelted "redeemed" wrong, don't hate on me :tongue:

I was targeted 3 As in my A-levels and following my AS's i was on BBC. Repeated all modules in january along with having 2 A2 modules and am no sitting on A*AB. Lets hope august goes to plan..
Reply 2
My older brother did poorly at GCSE level, scraping passes in most of his subjects and went on to do computing at college and leave with distinctions, which I am assured is good :smile:

He's now studying computer forensics at Leeds, though he finds it boring so he might drop out and do something else :tongue:

Go go motivation!
Reply 3
Original post by Bailey8
I was targeted 3 As in my A-levels and following my AS's i was on BBC. Repeated all modules in january along with having 2 A2 modules and am no sitting on A*AB. Lets hope august goes to plan..

That's brilliant! I've done all my AS resits now and I think they went pretty well :smile:
I don't really know if this is much but I went from 30 in the IB to 41 in one year ( I have to take my exams next year. I'm just talking about progress during the year)
Reply 5
GCSE's in 2005 predicted 5 A's and 5 B's. Achieved 1 B, 8 C's and an E.

AS Level, achieved UUUE

Now studying at Birmingham, which id like to think is a fairly respectable university.

Just because you mess up along the line doesnt mean life is over!
Reply 6
Was predicted BBBB at AS level and i got CCCD (D in biology).
Worked hard in A2, did a few resits and i achieved ABB (A in biology). If i can go from a D with 2 resits and hard work then i'm sure most people can do the same. Just put your mind to it and most things are achievable.
Here's one for you

My friend was kicked out of secondary school, dropped out of college, sacked from Barclaycard and winded up working at Betfred.

He knuckled down with his A-levels at home and is in his final year of Maths at Cambridge.
Reply 8
Original post by YB101
That's brilliant! I've done all my AS resits now and I think they went pretty well :smile:

Yeah usually how you feel after an exam is a good indicator:biggrin: what subjects did you do and what are you applying for?:biggrin:
Reply 9
For my GCSEs i got 2 Bs, 2 Cs, and the rest Ds.

I'm all set to graduate in July with at least a 2:1 in a computing degree. (I may scrape a first, depending on exam results).

If you got bad marks in your GCSE's or AS-Levels, it just gives you lots of room to improve :smile:. Even while you're at Uni, i know lots of people who didn't do too well in the second year of their degree but have done fantastic this year.
Reply 10
Got a single E in A-levels... a year passed... In September I'm start my MChem
Original post by Palatial Veranda
Here's one for you

My friend was kicked out of secondary school, dropped out of college, sacked from Barclaycard and winded up working at Betfred.

He knuckled down with his A-levels at home and is in his final year of Maths at Cambridge.

Wow, that's amazing. :smile:
Reply 12
Teachers predicted me an D in science and now im doing higher and aiming for A*

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by chocoholic_x
Wow, that's amazing. :smile:

Yeah. It was partly this that inspired me to leave my full-time job of 5 years and start my A-levels again.
Reply 14
Original post by Bailey8
Yeah usually how you feel after an exam is a good indicator:biggrin: what subjects did you do and what are you applying for?:biggrin:

I'm studying Biology Chemistry and Psychology, predicted AAB to study B.Med at Manchester. No one has any ounce of faith in me which is making me angry yet determined to prove them wrong. But recently i'm starting to doubt I can do it. These stories are just what i need :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by cllio
Got a single E in A-levels... a year passed... In September I'm start my MChem

Where are you studying ? Well done! :smile:
I was predicted A's and B's at GCSE's but came out with a load of C's, a D and an E. Went to college and got three A's and now am uni having just completed my first year.
Reply 17
Original post by Palatial Veranda
Here's one for you

He must have been the cornerstone of betfred then because that company is one complete joke. I work for William Hill (trainee maths teacher) and I can assure you betfred is the worst bookies to work for. Fair play to your mate though! :smile:
Yeah, well it was a bit of a stop-gap job really.

In corroboration of your unfavourable view of Betfred, the very same person I speak about did manage to make a tidy sum out of them one time by confusing the cashier into giving him an handsome early price on what should have been a far sh*tter SP.
Original post by Stevo112
He must have been the cornerstone of betfred then because that company is one complete joke. I work for William Hill (trainee maths teacher) and I can assure you betfred is the worst bookies to work for. Fair play to your mate though! :smile:

^ Forgot to quote

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending