The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellanokesy
you guys are so lucky, our school doesn't let us sit unit one in january or last summer, so we've got both to revise for. i'm worried about the source questions on both papers because i tend to waffle and most of it is probably irrelevent. in my paper one mock i got 58/60 and in paper two i got 56/60, but i found them quite easy and our teacher had kind of hinted the topics. any predictions for paper two?
i'm doing paper one:
peacemaking, hitler and the cold war
and paper two:
roaring 20's, new deal and race relations

x

hey my history teacher told us the new deal is definitely going to come up, so we should learn it really well. im doing the exact same ones as you. whether the new deal does come up or not i dont know but she gave us a model a* answer to learn xx
Reply 181
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
can i have a copy of that revision guide for unit 1 please?

Original post by goodmorningworld
Do you have the revision guide your teacher made on the computer - if you did could you post/PM the link please? :biggrin:
EDIT: What's with the neg? I was only asking for help :confused:

Yep sure, just message me your emails then i can send them to you via email. Plus what paper did you want 1 or 2?
Could anyone PLEASE tell me all the possible 12 mark (do you agree) questions for Unit 2: Stalin's Dictatorship and Hitler's Germany?
I only know of:
The main reason Stalin became sole leader of the USSR was because of (reason: General Secretary/Politically Cunning/ more popular than Trotsky/ Aligned himself with Lenin)
AND:
The main reason why Hitler became Chancellor in 1933 was because (reason: Nazi Policies/ Nazi methods/ Great Depression/ Weaknesses of Weimar Government)
AND:
Stalin's Five Year Plans were a success/ failure because of (reason: increased production/ Growth in Science, technology and industry/ harsh working conditions and targets not met/ Not enough consumer goods to benefit from)

but i know they're more! Thankyou so much! xxx
Reply 183
hey,your advice was excellent thanks! :biggrin: but the only problem i have with what you said is timing wise, would it be okay to do all that?

Its okay,
Yeah you should be able to, i managed too. But honestly all i can say is write for life!:tongue: Don't look up, and just try your best, i ended up filling the entire 12 sheet booklet and 2 extra pages. :P

As you said you're worried about timing, the only way is practice! :smile:
Trust me.

Good luck and remember SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE.:biggrin:
Original post by Vinster
Its okay,
Yeah you should be able to, i managed too. But honestly all i can say is write for life!:tongue: Don't look up, and just try your best, i ended up filling the entire 12 sheet booklet and 2 extra pages. :P

As you said you're worried about timing, the only way is practice! :smile:
Trust me.

Good luck and remember SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE.:biggrin:

i'm actually really nervous about this exam considering it's on the same day as a biology paper of mine! and i have to do well in it because i'm pretty apprehensive over my CA marks!

does it usually go better than you think? or...?
Reply 185
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Could anyone PLEASE tell me all the possible 12 mark (do you agree) questions for Unit 2: Stalin's Dictatorship and Hitler's Germany?
I only know of:
The main reason Stalin became sole leader of the USSR was because of (reason: General Secretary/Politically Cunning/ more popular than Trotsky/ Aligned himself with Lenin)
AND:
The main reason why Hitler became Chancellor in 1933 was because (reason: Nazi Policies/ Nazi methods/ Great Depression/ Weaknesses of Weimar Government)
AND:
Stalin's Five Year Plans were a success/ failure because of (reason: increased production/ Growth in Science, technology and industry/ harsh working conditions and targets not met/ Not enough consumer goods to benefit from)

For hitlers Germany
"All germans benefited from zazi rule, do you agree?"

The main reason why Hitler established his dictatorship was/ Reichstag fire/March 1933 election/the enabling act/removal of poltical oppenents/control of churches and trade unions/removal of the SA and Rohm/Death of Hindenburg Do you agree?

"The nazi party used violence to establish a dictatorship, do you agree"

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I only know of:
AND:
AND:

I'm doing Russia so I can help you with that. You've mentioned how Stalin got into power and the 5 year plans but there have also been questions on collectivisation and general industrialisation. There's not much else to Stalinist Russia really :smile: are you doing Bolshevik Russia too?
Reply 187
i'm actually really nervous about this exam considering it's on the same day as a biology paper of mine! and i have to do well in it because i'm pretty apprehensive over my CA marks!

does it usually go better than you think? or...?

Gosh yeah!
My first 4 mark describe question was about the 14 points of Woodrew, we only spent 5 minutes on this topic at the start of year, and we didn't even revise it. So literally i made it up on the top of my head!:tongue:
so how managed to still get full marks.

All i can say is don't worry about unit1... worry about unit 2:smile: i'm revising, i aimed to be done by today but thats not going to happen.:tongue:
Also, does anyone know any possible questions which might come up for Vietnam? It seems like there's so much they could ask :s-smilie:
Original post by Vinster
For hitlers Germany
"All germans benefited from zazi rule, do you agree?"

The main reason why Hitler established his dictatorship was/ Reichstag fire/March 1933 election/the enabling act/removal of poltical oppenents/control of churches and trade unions/removal of the SA and Rohm/Death of Hindenburg Do you agree?

"The nazi party used violence to establish a dictatorship, do you agree"

Hope this helps :smile:

So for Hitler establishing a dictatorship how do i structure all the reasons into paragraphs?? because there are like 17 of them!!!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Dandaman9999
I'm doing Russia so I can help you with that. You've mentioned how Stalin got into power and the 5 year plans but there have also been questions on collectivisation and general industrialisation. There's not much else to Stalinist Russia really :smile: are you doing Bolshevik Russia too?

Collectivisation?? really?? there's not much to say about that apart from it's successes and failures though!
and yes I'm also doing from Tsardom to communism but because that's section A there aren't any 12 mark questions but there are the awful 10 markers where i get overcome by rambling :frown:
Reply 191
So for Hitler establishing a dictatorship how do i structure all the reasons into paragraphs?? because there are like 17 of them!!!! :s-smilie:

For an example
"Hiter established his dicatatorship beacuse of the reichstag fire, do you agree"

1 paragraph
" I agree with the statement because the reichstag fire then explain................................. "

2nd paragraph
" I disagree with the statement because the main reason why hitler established his dictatorship was beacause of the death of hindenburg then expalin.........."

3rd paragraph
" I disagree/agree with the statement because the main reason why hitler established his dictatorship was beacause of the enabling act then expalin.........."

4th paragraph
Conclude the essay and agree/disagree with the statment and LINK IT TO THE QUESTION.

Hope this helps. How are you finding revision? I'm still not done, its so hard, the info just doesn't seem to go in like paper 1 did:frown:
ah ok thank you!!! It's so so stressful, mainly because i keep forgetting how to answer the question types (e.g. 8 markers WOT) so i stress out and then forget all the info :frown: it's also so annoying how there is only one past paper to do and its the specimen so obviously none of those questions will come up!! SIGH.
Collectivisation?? really?? there's not much to say about that apart from it's successes and failures though!
and yes I'm also doing from Tsardom to communism but because that's section A there aren't any 12 mark questions but there are the awful 10 markers where i get overcome by rambling :frown:

Exactly! They will ask you whether you think the policy of collectivisation was a success or failure. E.g. Some past paper questions on collectivisation:

2007- How successful was Stalin's policy of modernising industry in the USSR? (not entirely collectivisation put a huge part in getting the marks as said I the mark scheme)

2006- How successful was Stalin's policy of Collectivisation?

2003- Was Collectivisation a success for Soviet agriculture in the 1930s? Explain your answer.

Collectivisation hasn't come up for a while so I'm saying this year it might... They've over used Stalin getting into power and the 5 year plans came up last year I think.

And what do you reckon they'll ask on Tsardom to Communism? I can't predict what might appear since they could ask about the failure of the provisional government, the civil war, Bolshevik rise to power, anything! :frown:
Original post by Dandaman9999
Exactly! They will ask you whether you think the policy of collectivisation was a success or failure. E.g. Some past paper questions on collectivisation:

2007- How successful was Stalin's policy of modernising industry in the USSR? (not entirely collectivisation put a huge part in getting the marks as said I the mark scheme)

2006- How successful was Stalin's policy of Collectivisation?

2003- Was Collectivisation a success for Soviet agriculture in the 1930s? Explain your answer.

Collectivisation hasn't come up for a while so I'm saying this year it might... They've over used Stalin getting into power and the 5 year plans came up last year I think.

And what do you reckon they'll ask on Tsardom to Communism? I can't predict what might appear since they could ask about the failure of the provisional government, the civil war, Bolshevik rise to power, anything! :frown:

Thankyou I'd better start memorising collectivisation then!! and it could also be why did the Tsar's rule collapse after war/ impacts of the war etc
and i hate the Provisional government i can't remember anything apart from their poor economic policies and sharing power with the Soviet :frown:
what are the key points for bolshevik rise to power?
In case anyone needs any past papers, here's a link to a document with every single past question for the first 4 topics for Unit 1, including the specimen paper, and June 2010-January 2012 :biggrin:

http://www.historyatfreeston.co.uk/FBECHistorySite/PDForWordDocs/Paper%201/Past%20Exam%20Papers%20Unit%201.pdf

hope this helps with revision, good luck everybody (I'm taking it, so hope the questions are ok :biggrin: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Vinster
Yep sure, just message me your emails then i can send them to you via email. Plus what paper did you want 1 or 2?

Sent a PM, and just unit 2 please :smile:
I only know of:
AND:
AND:

For Hitler's Germany, these obviously aren't alll the questions they could ask, but there are a lot there

http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/Year%2011%20unit%202%20possible%20questions.pdf

Good luck with your exam :smile:
Original post by goodmorningworld
For Hitler's Germany, these obviously aren't alll the questions they could ask, but there are a lot there

http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/Year%2011%20unit%202%20possible%20questions.pdf

Good luck with your exam :smile:

thank you! :biggrin: i looked at all of them and i think I've got Hitler covered now I'm really stressing about Tsardom to Communism- lenin and trotsky/ provisional government i have SO much to learn! :frown:
thank you! :biggrin: i looked at all of them and i think I've got Hitler covered now I'm really stressing about Tsardom to Communism- lenin and trotsky/ provisional government i have SO much to learn! :frown:

Good :biggrin:
I'm doing Vietnam instead of that one, I've got loads left to learn too - it's the topic I really struggle with :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending