The Student Room Group

The Online Dating Chat Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I did end up sending that sarky reply saying my dark brown eyes were light blue to the guy who asked me what colour they were despite the fact you can clearly see them though. I don't know if I should reply normally or like a stereotypical scouser eg: "Ye what? Ye what? Why ye callin me da a thief? Coz we live by Liverpool like?" etc.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
Reply 381
Original post by Bleak Lemming
ooo the top one's nice.

The second is my still-adorable ex-girlfriend of 1.5 years (whom I somehow met through TSR); the first seduced me with her fantastic dress-sense for several months in 2011. Neither quite worked out, but they're both people the pleasure of whose scintillating company I owe almost entirely to long-distance communication, and were I not such a recluse I could probably have met several more besides.

That said, I've a talent for first impressions, so the prospect of meeting someone doesn't really faze me I just tend not to be very pro-active.
Original post by Profesh
The second is my still-adorable ex-girlfriend of 1.5 years (whom I somehow met through TSR); the first seduced me with her fantastic dress-sense for several months in 2011. Neither quite worked out, but they're both people the pleasure of whose scintillating company I owe almost entirely to long-distance communication, and were I not such a recluse I could probably have met several more besides.

That said, I've a talent for first impressions, so the prospect of meeting someone doesn't really faze me I just tend not to be very pro-active.

Yeah I've had a few girlfriends who I've met from tinterweb in my time tis all good.
Reply 383
Original post by Profesh
Can't complain, really:

Spoiler

Glad to hear someone on this tread has had luck with online dating, gives us who haven't a bit more hope!

Ps: You actually look a lot like my brother except for the curly hair.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 384
Original post by gemmam
Glad to hear someone on this tread has had luck with online dating, gives us who haven't a bit more hope!

Ps: You actually look a lot like my brother except for the curly hair.

Not so curly anymore, but do feel free to compliment your brother on his rakish good-looks.
Reply 385
I really hope no-one has posted my pictures up on a forum for everyone to laugh at...
After following this thread for a while, I decided to sign up to POF yesterday.
Signed up, did the first test it asks you to do and while I was doing that received a message of a 40 year old man telling me I was the most beautiful girl he'd seen.
I hadn't even put a picture up yet :facepalm:
Reply 387
Original post by IrKirsty
Signed up, did the first test it asks you to do and while I was doing that received a message of a 40 year old man telling me I was the most beautiful girl he'd seen.

You're in there...
Reply 388
Original post by IrKirsty

Classic.

Reply 389
Got a message from someone who's pictures I'm certain I seen on another account that messaged me a few weeks ago (which is now deleted) with a different age and studying a different subject at university. Hmmm....

Original post by gemmam
Got a message from someone who's pictures I'm certain I seen on another account that messaged me a few weeks ago (which is now deleted) with a different age and studying a different subject at university. Hmmm....

Oh wow, desperation I'm sensing :lolwut:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 391
A guy messaged me a month ago but lives miles from me, so I replied and told him he lived too far away and wished him luck (this was back when I first joined OK Cupid so was still being polite, have given up on that now...). He replied saying he wanted to come and visit me, I didn't respond. Couple of weeks later, he messaged again saying he was disappointed I hadn't replied. I didn't respond. Yesterday he messaged again saying 'Hey, how have you been? I'm majorly stressed out and upset at the mo, could use a friend... '

Should I feel guilty about ignoring him?
Why are women so frickin complicated. Was hitting it off with a woman over the last couple of days and then today I've been txting & she's all like 'I don't know why someone like you would want to talk to me' (in a i'm not good enough for you kind of way) and barely talking now.. So annoying.
The guy cancelled on me :grumble:

I've decided to finish off my POF profile :yep:
Reply 394
Original post by Mishael
A guy messaged me a month ago but lives miles from me, so I replied and told him he lived too far away and wished him luck (this was back when I first joined OK Cupid so was still being polite, have given up on that now...). He replied saying he wanted to come and visit me, I didn't respond. Couple of weeks later, he messaged again saying he was disappointed I hadn't replied. I didn't respond. Yesterday he messaged again saying 'Hey, how have you been? I'm majorly stressed out and upset at the mo, could use a friend... '

Should I feel guilty about ignoring him?

No that's how he wants you to feel, I've had guys do it to me when I haven't replied to them too. It sounds like to me he's just trying to get your attention. It's a bit odd him calling you his friend if the only contact you've made with him is one reply to a message he sent you :s-smilie:
Reply 395
Some of the stupid things people put in messages:

"Have you found anyone special yet?"
Fighting the temptation to give a sarcastic reply here....

something has gone seriously wrong... just has a really interested sounding message from a fittie i hadn't even said hello to :O there is hope o.O
Original post by Chumbaniya
FOR SEX

Did you ever get laid? o.O lol
Reply 398
Original post by Bleak Lemming
something has gone seriously wrong... just has a really interested sounding message from a fittie i hadn't even said hello to :O there is hope o.O

Tineye her pics or it may be too good to be true. :tongue:

Sent from my HTC One X
Original post by Inverse
Tineye her pics or it may be too good to be true. :tongue:

Sent from my HTC One X

no it's all good. got them on the book. fit gamer o.O

Quick Reply

Latest