The Student Room Group

Law or Medicine?

All my life I was set on the road to law...now ready to enter my AS year, I cant help but wonder should I change to medicine.Overall, I have the grades to continue both for A Levels, although specific GCSE grades are yet to be known.
What sort of personalities or students are recommended for each discipline?
How do you know if you've chosen the right career path?
How did others deal with the dilemma?
Original post by Belinda96
All my life I was set on the road to law...now ready to enter my AS year, I cant help but wonder should I change to medicine.Overall, I have the grades to continue both for A Levels, although specific GCSE grades are yet to be known.
What sort of personalities or students are recommended for each discipline?
How do you know if you've chosen the right career path?
How did others deal with the dilemma?

Well apart from saying you should be able to get the grades for a-level you have not given a reason you want to do medicine, which is kinda important.

They are two very different career paths, I would suggest looking into both over the summer and maybe look at doing some work experience/shadowing if you can.
Reply 2
The big attraction to medicine for me was the idea of immediate help to people- but I realised after attending a medical careers day at Eton that being a doctor is infact very different. The only real pull was the idea of being able to save lives on the spot e.g. in Africa etc. Sounds silly now...
I am going to hopefully do some work experience in both a hospital and a chambers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending