The Student Room Group

Medical University of Plovdiv(Bulgaria)

Scroll to see replies

Right. Guys on sofias website they have the application form and stuff just wondering have you guys applied yet? Or what's happenin I'm just scared il miss out or something 😭
Reply 341
Original post by Zilly huma
Right. Guys on sofias website they have the application form and stuff just wondering have you guys applied yet? Or what's happenin I'm just scared il miss out or something 😭

Hey! I'm thinking of applying too and have been searching their site but I got confused - please could you send me a link for the application forms? :biggrin:
Original post by F02r
Hey! I'm thinking of applying too and have been searching their site but I got confused - please could you send me a link for the application forms? :biggrin:

http://mu-sofia.bg/en/node/384 It's at the very bottom their is a declaration and the registration form. 😊😊
Reply 343
http://mu-sofia.bg/en/node/384 It's at the very bottom their is a declaration and the registration form. 😊😊

Thank you!! Have you applied yet? :-)
Hi I am thinking of applying to this university too. Can I ask what agency y'all are using and what sort of A2 grades you have?? Also I am thinking of going down to Plovdiv in the next few weeks to check it out.
Original post by mrxd
Um, is anyone applying to med school in plovdiv next year w/ me? If you are, let us contact somewhere😊

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

mee..

send me a dm on here for my Facebook and contact details
Original post by F02r
Thank you!! Have you applied yet? :-)

No i am waiting for my original certificate of my grades to come.
And guys dm me to If ur applying to Sofia this year itl be nice to know some people also I need a girl apartment mate! I don't mind facebooking either 😄😄❤️
Guys I called Sofia today and the lady said Their starting admissions for foreign students in august and theirs going to be an entry test. I have given the entry test for Hungary and that WAS hard😭 Anyone given then test yet? Or know what to expect
Guys I called Sofia today and the lady said Their starting admissions for foreign students in august and theirs going to be an entry test. I have given the entry test for Hungary and that WAS hard😭 Anyone given then test yet? Or know what to expect

Why don't you apply to Czech? To be honest after I did my research there is nothing Bulgaria has over Czech in terms of reputation and quality.
Are you sure there reputation is the same? And what's about the degree? Is it recognisable?
What worries me is the entry test. 😭 Do they have an entry test?
Also have u applied ?

Original post by onthemoon
Why don't you apply to Czech? To be honest after I did my research there is nothing Bulgaria has over Czech in terms of reputation and quality.
Are you sure there reputation is the same? And what's about the degree? Is it recognisable?
What worries me is the entry test. 😭 Do they have an entry test?
Also have u applied ?

The Czech unis are all in the world rankings and from my research are a lot more respected in the NHS than some of the Bulgarian unis which have a shady history (the rector of MU-Sofia was recently sacked for corruption).

I initially started looking at Bulgaria (mainly Plovdiv first then ran a mile after all the bad press) but really focused on Czech now. Especially with the changes the GMC are bringing in. I didn't want to risk anything to save a few pennies in the short term.

Yes, entrance exams for four unis in April (or i may sit them in July, will be deciding 100% in the next week). Sitting them in London.
But the enterance examination, is that not hard?

The Czech unis are all in the world rankings and from my research are a lot more respected in the NHS than some of the Bulgarian unis which have a shady history (the rector of MU-Sofia was recently sacked for corruption).

I initially started looking at Bulgaria (mainly Plovdiv first then ran a mile after all the bad press) but really focused on Czech now. Especially with the changes the GMC are bringing in. I didn't want to risk anything to save a few pennies in the short term.

Yes, entrance exams for four unis in April (or i may sit them in July, will be deciding 100% in the next week). Sitting them in London.
But the enterance examination, is that not hard?

If you know the answer to the questions then it is easy, if not it is hard.

To be honest an entrance exam is the least of my worries when thinking about studying medicine abroad. The exams at uni will be a lot harder (and if not then the degree will probably be worthless and not get doctors ready to sit the new licensing exam).

To be frank (and not rude in any way as you have my upmost respect) but why are you worried about an entrance exam when you will be signing up to 6 years of even harder exams?
If you know the answer to the questions then it is easy, if not it is hard.

To be honest an entrance exam is the least of my worries when thinking about studying medicine abroad. The exams at uni will be a lot harder (and if not then the degree will probably be worthless and not get doctors ready to sit the new licensing exam).

To be frank (and not rude in any way as you have my upmost respect) but why are you worried about an entrance exam when you will be signing up to 6 years of even harder exams?

Because they are Moreno competitive and uni exams arent like your not competing to score a place you get me?
Because they are Moreno competitive and uni exams arent like your not competing to score a place you get me?

The exams I am sitting are not competitive. There is a pass mark and if you score above you get an offer.

Hey what bad press have you heard about Plovdiv please, l wanna know lol.
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
Hey what bad press have you heard about Plovdiv please, l wanna know lol.

I read that Bulgarian students made complaints about corruption in exams!
Hey guys if you're thinking of applying to PLOVDIV MED school then message me for info. Ive officially got in for dentistry so if u need info on entry exam or anything ask away
Original post by WelshTurtle
Is anyone studying dentistry in Plovdiv? Can I ask why you chose this Uni?
what are the facilities like How are you applying? Through agency?

I study medicine abroad and think its probably the best decision I've made. I personally applied through an agency called Tutelage and they handled everything for me and were pretty quick with the paperwork and stuff.

The medicine course is in English but they teach you the local language in class. This uni in particular stood out for me because it has a balance of everything. There is a social life along with good educational support. It's also much cheaper than Sofia!
Original post by La Fleur
Hello everyone!

I'm interested in studying in the MU of Plovdiv, which is located in Bulgaria.At first, i want to ask some basic questions:
1)How much is the tuition fees?
2)What about the cost of living, generally in Bulgaria?
3)In Greece, students get their books for free.What about Bulgaria?I mean, except from the tuition fees, could it be possible to have to buy medical books on my own?I heard they are super expensive!
4)What is your opinion about the studies in Bulgaria?More specifically, medical studies.

That's it for now!

Thanks!

I study medicine abroad and think its probably the best decision I've made. I personally applied through an agency called Tutelage and they handled everything for me and were pretty quick with the paperwork and stuff.

1) The tuition fee is 8000 Euros per year
2) Bulgaria is very cheap. i would say to live comfortably you would need £500 per month which includes rent and bills. This is very dependent on your lifestyle, i know people that use a lot less per month.
3) They can be very expensive but as i went through Tutelage they gave me free books worth £500. I only needed to get a few handbooks which are specific to the uni and are very inexpensive.
4) As i am here studying, i truly believe that i'm gaining invaluable knowledge. When comparing to the UK it is a lot more hands on but can be more challenging. It all comes down to how serious you are to study medicine and how bad you want it. What i've seen it is down to the individual.

I hope that helped :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending