The Student Room Group

What's your biggest uni worry?

I'll just go ahead and guess that most freshers are going to say not making any friends but apart from that I can't wait to hear everyone's responses

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's already a thread on this?

But yeah, mine is not making any friends and being incredibly stupid compared to everyone else.

Please explain the negs? :s-smilie: I'm just answering the question...
seriously... I don't understand the negs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Anal.
Reply 3
Original post by LucyInTheSkyWithD
I'll just go ahead and guess that most freshers are going to say not making any friends but apart from that I can't wait to hear everyone's responses

In freshers pretty much anyone who isn't a complete nasty so and so will try to make friends with you. Just be friendly ask who everyone is and you'll make friends. Don't stay in your room locked up for freshers :smile: Get out there at least for the 2 weeks so you can say you've made friends :smile:

Accommodation is usually a big place. Big groups go out and if you fail to make any friends with the people there you might find some somewhere else :smile:

As I'm second year not really worried about anything really :tongue: though last year I had the exact same worry as you.
not making friends or not getting laid
Not making friends and meeting my own expectations
Reply 6
Not getting in :frown:
people stealing my food.

and if the flatmates smoke, smoking in the kitchen / living area cause im asthmatic and fag smoke triggers me really bad :frown: i dont mind if im stood with a friend outside but i cant live with it :'(
Reply 8
Apart from the usual 'not making friends', it would be the work. I'm frightened that I won't be skilled enough for my course.

Also all the responsibilities.
My biggest worry is the work - I'm just hoping it's not too much of a shock xD Coming from a BTEC course, I haven't exactly written any essays or anything for the past two years...
Not getting a 2:1

Reply 11
Ive been cocooned in london all my life. I dont think everyone up norths racist obviously, but being around so much different ethnicities growing up, i reckon im gonna get a culture shock when go up. I wouldnt say im worried about it i suppose, but i wouldnt say im looking forward to it to. Be weird.

Edit: Why the negs? Havent said anything wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Wisham
Not getting in :frown:

actually this. i don't really care about the other aspects that much :redface:
I'm afraid I'm going to befriend a group of people who will eventually drift away from me like my current friends :frown: They say you have your uni friends for life so if they drift away then, well, I'll end up having no friends Dx And the workload! I hope I can manage it!
Firstly:
- not getting in

Then:
- hating my course
- being stupid in comparison to everyone else
- being too nervous to contribute
- constantly failing
- having no friends

In the future:
- getting a bad degree classification
- not getting any jobs with my degree

Beautiful.
Reply 15
Like Wisham, I'm definately worried about not getting in! I'm dreading results day :s-smilie:!

After that I can't wait to get to uni. I'm actually a bit worried about what to wear to my first lecture :colondollar: - how smart/casual I should look...
Original post by ON A GOOD DAY
not making friends or not getting laid

Do you currently do either of these things?

If not. Worry harder.
Reply 17
Flatmates - as you can't choose them like friends. I hope they get along with me, and that I will get along with them.

I am not too worried about making friends, a lot of people will come to uni and won't know anybody as well + everybody seems to be open at Freshers' Week.
Finding it too difficult. Seriously, I procrastinate like there is no tomorrow, I have no idea how I've achieved what I have so far because I definitely don't deserve it :tongue: I have this horrible feeling that I'll get to uni and just fail.

I'm also pretty worried about the horrific boy:girl ratio at my firm choice :frown:
Reply 19
For my course (English-French Jt Hons) you sometimes have to do powerpoint presentations in front of everyone in French.

I'm absolutely dreading it already! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending