The Student Room Group

The University of Aberdeen MB ChB Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
From looking at the stalking page and if my calculations are correct 5 interview dates have been given out and there are still 2 dates remaining. If they are interviewing the same number as last year 631 then 180 applicants are still to receive an interview, is this correct?
Reply 581
Original post by OpenArms
From looking at the stalking page and if my calculations are correct 5 interview dates have been given out and there are still 2 dates remaining. If they are interviewing the same number as last year 631 then 180 applicants are still to receive an interview, is this correct?

Do you have any idea how many offers Aberdeen give out?
Original post by fletchdd02
Do you have any idea how many offers Aberdeen give out?

The data for 2012 entry is here, shows you how many offers and interviews were made as well as whether these were to grads/school leavers, girls/boys, home/international etc.

The competition ratios for each stage are also on the wiki.
Guys how many interview dates are there left ?
Original post by exclusive110
Guys how many interview dates are there left ?

If you look further up the page, someone posted only a few hours ago how many interview dates were left.
It's kind of annoying that they are interviewing until the 12th of march - that's got to mean it will be nearer the very end of march when we hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Looking at last years thread Aberdeen gave their offers out towards the end of March so still a bit of a wait.
Reply 587
Unsure if everyone's aware of this page: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/admissions/
It's got a bit of info about the numbers of interviews/applicants etc.
Also if you click on 'Application Process' and then on 'Making of Offers' it mentions that 'Offers are made when the interview cycle is complete; by the beginning of April.'
Hope that's useful :smile:
I just received an invite for an interview!! I'm so so happy :smile: Good luck to everyone waiting!
Original post by 9genevieve
I just received an invite for an interview!! I'm so so happy :smile: Good luck to everyone waiting!

HI Congratulationssss ! :smile:
When's your interview ?
Original post by andyleung831
...still heard nothing.. so only 1 interview date is left

I'm getting worried too :/ My last university to hear from..

Congratz! What are your stats if u dont mind me asking? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andyleung831
I got rejected by one already. Had interview with two others but haven't heard anything yet. N I don't think I did very well in both of the interviews

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Which one did you get rejected/interviews from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! It's on the 5th March :smile: I'm a graduate (doing my master's at the moment) with a first in Biochemistry at Queen Mary, and my UKCAT is 695. Please don't lose hope, and a huge good luck. I hope you all get to feel as excited as I am!

Congratulations!! Thats brilliant. Please keep the stalking thread updated too, really helps to keep an eye on the process!
Reply 595
Emailed the School...

Dear *****,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently in the process of selecting applicants to be interviewed. We expect our overseas interviews to take place in March, so all applicants who have been successful in progressing to the interview stage will be notified by the end of February. The UCAS Track will not be updated until the interviews are all completed.

Kind regards,

Miss Morag Kennedy

Admissions Assistant - Medicine

School of Medicine and Dentistry

Room 2:037

Polwarth Building

Foresterhill

Aberdeen

AB25 2ZD

well done!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meltingice
I'm getting worried too :/ My last university to hear from..

I'm on the same boat...actually desperate to hear now!
Reply 598
Original post by GillianA95
I'm on the same boat...actually desperate to hear now!

Same here, I am feeling really worried, last uni to hear from, people have been getting interviews for 5th March so will they give invitations for this date later as well to candidates or will they only invite for the last interview date :frown:
Original post by drplease
Same here, I am feeling really worried, last uni to hear from, people have been getting interviews for 5th March so will they give invitations for this date later as well to candidates or will they only invite for the last interview date :frown:

Only 1 person mentioned that had gotten an interview on the 5th March, so lets keep our fingers crossed that over this week, they will be continuing to invite for interview on the 5th!

Moreover, from then on, I imagine it will be the final invitations to interview for the 13th March. Absolutely gutted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending