The Student Room Group

The University of Aberdeen MB ChB Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by catherinelynsey
What documents do I need to bring with me to the interview? Exam cerificates/ID etc.. ? :/ sorry!

Your passport and your work experience forms that you should've filled out.
Original post by fletchdd02
Your passport and your work experience forms that you should've filled out.

Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 782
Original post by andyleung831
Was the interview held in any order? Ie people score higher based on the ucas form were interviewed in dec n ppl who score lower were interviewed later in the cycle? Ie march?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No, at the interview they told us that we were all randomly picked that day, so it didnt matter whether we were from england or scotland or international, school leaver or graduate , or those who scored higher nor those who scored the least , its all just random ! :smile:
Just spoke to the woman at admissions and she said they have basically filled out all their interview spots and are now just filling interview spots for the applicants that were offered interview and turned them down. These interview invites will be sent out by the end of this week so if you're like me and not heard back at all then this week is the final countdown!

Original post by HungryChicken92
Just spoke to the woman at admissions and she said they have basically filled out all their interview spots and are now just filling interview spots for the applicants that were offered interview and turned them down. These interview invites will be sent out by the end of this week so if you're like me and not heard back at all then this week is the final countdown!

Though that email sounds pretty clear, universities have a nasty habit of doing completely unpredictable things. The word 'basically' allows quite a lot of wriggle room :tongue:

I cannot stress this enough: Until you have been formally informed, via UCAS, that your application has been unsuccessful then there is still a chance.
Original post by HungryChicken92

Does this mean it's a rejection if I've not received... anything.. from Aberden.... before?
Reply 786
Original post by Meltingice
Does this mean it's a rejection if I've not received... anything.. from Aberden.... before?

Sounds like it to me.

Time to find a plan-b for this year for me then.
Original post by Meltingice
Does this mean it's a rejection if I've not received... anything.. from Aberdeen.... before?

It means they've still got some places left to fill from people that have received offers but rejected them so u could receive an interview by the end of this week!

Don't lose hope!
Reply 788
so when does term actually begin and when do they expect you to be in Aberdeen once you get an offer ??
Original post by lilmissA
so when does term actually begin and when do they expect you to be in Aberdeen once you get an offer ??

Third week of September, usually.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Third week of September, usually.

Looks like there's hope yet...I really want to know either way so I can get on with plans for a gap year! :confused:
anyone been rejected from aberdeen?!
Reply 792
Original post by Zedd
Sounds like it to me.

Time to find a plan-b for this year for me then.

So, what are you planning to do, are you going to apply to the same unis as last time...

I am expecting a rejection too but am planning to apply again

This time I will really work on my UKCAT so I can apply to the 4 scottish University.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 793
Original post by coleworld13
anyone been rejected from aberdeen?!

aberdeen usually send their rejections after they have made an offer , which would be around 1st 2/3 weeks of April...
Reply 794
Are there any graduates from England that have applied to Aberdeen ?
Reply 795
Original post by andyleung831
I hv. Final year student. Biochemistry. London. Interview next wed

hmm there isnt many of us is there ..? on my day i only saw 2 other grads and they were both scotts ... hmm ure from the big city way down south y the big change to up north ?? did u get an interview any where else ??
Reply 796
Are there any graduates from England that have applied to Aberdeen ?

Yep! Im a post grad living in London. I also have to do the chemistry summer school if I get an offer..

Have you heard from anywhere else? I'm waiting on Aberdeen and Warwick, only a month to go now!
Reply 797
Original post by Blink1632
Yep! Im a post grad living in London. I also have to do the chemistry summer school if I get an offer..

Have you heard from anywhere else? I'm waiting on Aberdeen and Warwick, only a month to go now!

Cool your'e a post grad ? Are you doing a PhD or a masters ? Congrats on you're interview with Warwick btw , did you have youre interview for that as yet ? why do you have to do chemistry summer school for Aberdeen ?
Reply 798
Cool your'e a post grad ? Are you doing a PhD or a masters ? Congrats on you're interview with Warwick btw , did you have youre interview for that as yet ? why do you have to do chemistry summer school for Aberdeen ?

Maybe I misused the word 'post grad'..! I finished my degree in Psych and Neuroscience last year and currently work full time as a locum HCA. Thanks, I had my Warwick interview 3 weeks ago and it went quite bad I think but I wont know for sure until next week..!

I have to do chemistry as my degree didn't have enough chem content and I got a C in AS chem many years ago! What was your degree in?
Reply 799
Original post by Blink1632
Maybe I misused the word 'post grad'..! I finished my degree in Psych and Neuroscience last year and currently work full time as a locum HCA. Thanks, I had my Warwick interview 3 weeks ago and it went quite bad I think but I wont know for sure until next week..!

I have to do chemistry as my degree didn't have enough chem content and I got a C in AS chem many years ago! What was your degree in?

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get an HCA job when you hold a degree? To put it in other words, how did you convince them that you actually want to work as an HCA without mentioning that you're doing it to get an insight into a career in medicine (because you may appear less committed)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending