The Student Room Group

The University of Aberdeen MB ChB Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jazz4me
Does anyone know if Aberdeen have a post offers day and if so when is it usually:confused:

I have tried to google it many times and search high and low on the Aberdeen website and I've yet to find anything :frown:
Original post by jazz4me
Does anyone know if Aberdeen have a post offers day and if so when is it usually:confused:

Original post by CalvinHarris
I have tried to google it many times and search high and low on the Aberdeen website and I've yet to find anything :frown:

I don't recall mention of an offer holders day. They did have events for people who have accepted offers but they were not medicine specific. They sent out forms with the letter of acceptance which usually comes end of May/June time if you firm.

I went to one (there are usually a few different dates over the summer) and it was quite interesting but unfortunately mainly irrelevant as all the inductions to the facilities were geared towards students at King's campus. It was useful to get orientated in the city and you were put up in halls for the night :smile:

They have probably changed it now so I would wait until your acceptance letter comes, you get a whole pack of info with it.
Reply 1382
Does anyone know how many med students there are in total at the university? I saw the number somewhere but i can't seem to find it. :tongue:
Original post by Basma1
Does anyone know how many med students there are in total at the university? I saw the number somewhere but i can't seem to find it. :tongue:

I'd estimate around 900. There's somewhere between 160 and 190 in each year group plus 45 on the iBSc year.
Reply 1384
Anyone able to add me to the facebook group? Pretty sure i'll be accepting my offer from Aberdeen :smile:
Original post by Emm957
Anyone able to add me to the facebook group? Pretty sure i'll be accepting my offer from Aberdeen :smile:

Yay! Are you a school leaver/graduate etc? Where are you coming from? :smile:
Reply 1386
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Yay! Are you a school leaver/graduate etc? Where are you coming from? :smile:

I'm a school leaver from just outside Edinburgh :smile:
I wonder if there will be an offer older day - my friend went to one for law a couple of weeks ago and said it was really helpful and interesting so hopefully there may be one for medicine :smile:
When can we start applying for accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So google maps isn't being my friend, anyone know whether hillhead halls or campus halls are closer to foresterhill? I think it looks like hillhead is slightly closer. I know nothing about Aberdeen or any of the areas...which part is nicest?

Still undecided on halls or private rent....any other graduates decided?
Original post by noregrets
So google maps isn't being my friend, anyone know whether hillhead halls or campus halls are closer to foresterhill? I think it looks like hillhead is slightly closer. I know nothing about Aberdeen or any of the areas...which part is nicest?

campus halls are, but only by like 10 minutes (the walk through seaton plus a little bit along the road)

Hillhead is marginally further, but it's six and half a dozen really. The main difference between the two is whether you want catered or non (unless you're looking at the Elphinstone grad flats on campus?).
Reply 1392
How far is it from Hillhead to forresterhill, walking?
Original post by fletchdd02
How far is it from Hillhead to forresterhill, walking?

40 mins? It's not as bad as it sounds cos everyone will end up walking down together.
Reply 1394
Original post by Becca-Sarah
40 mins? It's not as bad as it sounds cos everyone will end up walking down together.

Are most of the student houses in second year onwards closer? Is there like a studenty area where most people live?
there's also the bus to foresterhill, the 9U, however it is the most unreliable bus on the planet...
Reply 1396

I'm looking for a private option, seems quite pricey though! :frown:
Original post by fletchdd02
Are most of the student houses in second year onwards closer? Is there like a studenty area where most people live?

For medics there isn't really a studenty area as such, people live all over Kittybrewster, Rosemount, Clifton Road, Ashgrove Road, as far east as King Street etc. You can certainly get pretty close to the hospital tho if you wanted.
Thanks! I haven't worked out how to multi quote haha! I'm thinking about elphinstone...Anyone know any students that live there? I still want to have a social life and meet people, even if I am classes as a mature undergraduate!
Hi everyone :smile: just joined student room cos I'm trying to choose what uni to go to ahh!! Well done everyone who got an offer for Aberdeen, I really liked it at my interview! Just wondering if anyone knows roughly what the first year timetable is like? Sortof how many lectures are there, how much time in placements etc? thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending