The Student Room Group

Any burmese students aspiring to study in the uk?

Just introduce yourself and which uni you are going to. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry wrong place to post this. Can a mod move this thread to the international lounge?
Reply 2
Original post by sannyeinaung
Sorry wrong place to post this. Can a mod move this thread to the international lounge?

Done :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aj12
Done :smile:
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Just introduce yourself and which uni you are going to. :smile:

You might already know :biggrin: But I'll add it here :smile:

Pyae Sone Oo, soon to attend A levels at Cambridge Tutors College located in Croydon, Greater London.
Reply 5
Original post by bmqib
how are you posting this? they have electricity in burma???

The first thing you must know about Burma is that we are not that underdeveloped. And yes, we fricking have 24 hours of electricity here. And yes, we fricking have the Internet. And yes, we fricking know how to use it. And yes, we fricking speak English. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by bmqib
well you shouldn't be killing innocent muslims, you have very racist people

Excuse me? I am a Burmese Muslim. And I see that this is a little off-topic :smile: You must know that the killings don't happen all around the country. And about that too, yes, we have very racist people. It is due to the low level education lowered by the government.
Reply 7
What pyae sone oo said is true though,not all muslims are the same,and it doesn't matter if he moves to croydon its still not gonna change the way he feels for his country.I've seen lots of pure 100% burmese people who doesn't love this country as much as he does
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Ignore him. He lacks the knowledge to understand that stereotypes do not fully reflect the entire population in any scenario.
Reply 9
Ignore him. He lacks the knowledge to understand that stereotypes do not fully reflect the entire population in any scenario.

Im half burmese living in UK. Yeah ignorant ****s like that guy don't know how disproportionate burma is - one is either dirt poor or dirt rich :wink:

I really could not care less about the political situation now.

Im trying for medicine - probably somewhere in london. :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I'm half burmese and half japanese ,going to study A levels this september :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by yAnnix
I'm half burmese and half japanese ,going to study A levels this september :smile:

You must be a cool person :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by ocelot92
Im half burmese living in UK. Yeah ignorant ****s like that guy don't know how disproportionate burma is - one is either dirt poor or dirt rich :wink:

I really could not care less about the political situation now.

Im trying for medicine - probably somewhere in london. :s-smilie:

Me also half Burmese
Reply 13
lol :cool:
Reply 14
Hello, my name is Thein Oke. I'm now studying in Lancaster University. Is there anyone from Myanmar who is studying in Lancaster University?
Reply 15
Original post by Thein Oke
Hello, my name is Thein Oke. I'm now studying in Lancaster University. Is there anyone from Myanmar who is studying in Lancaster University?

Mingalabar Ko Thein Oke. I am San Nyein Aung. I am not studying in Lancaster though, I have got offers from Edinburgh and Sheffield but still waiting for York. What are you reading? I am doing Economics and Finance. But I may go to University of Melbourne if I am awarded full scholarship there.
Hey =D
I'm also Burmese. I'm gonna start studying at INTO University of Exeter this September. Aiming to take Law at Exeter next year. Anybody else at Exeter?
Reply 17
Mingalabar Ko Thein Oke. I am San Nyein Aung. I am not studying in Lancaster though, I have got offers from Edinburgh and Sheffield but still waiting for York. What are you reading? I am doing Economics and Finance. But I may go to University of Melbourne if I am awarded full scholarship there.

What happened with king's bro?
Reply 18
Original post by Tadaaa_moose
Hey =D
I'm also Burmese. I'm gonna start studying at INTO University of Exeter this September. Aiming to take Law at Exeter next year. Anybody else at Exeter?

I know a person. However, she has recently graduated. Im sorry that might not have been helpful. But no worries, I think there will be plenty of Burmese students in INTO universities. There are tonnes of us in London though :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Thein Oke

My friend got offered from Lancaster university. But I'm not sure if she's going to firm it or not.

Quick Reply

Latest