The Student Room Group

Any burmese students aspiring to study in the uk?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pyaesone
I know a person. However, she has recently graduated. Im sorry that might not have been helpful. But no worries, I think there will be plenty of Burmese students in INTO universities. There are tonnes of us in London though :biggrin:

It's okay. I'll be visiting London often anyway :biggrin:
At least, now I know there're other Burmese students. YAY xD
Reply 21
Original post by Tadaaa_moose
It's okay. I'll be visiting London often anyway :biggrin:
At least, now I know there're other Burmese students. YAY xD

haha yeah.. feel free to inbox me if u need any help.. oh btw, i just went to thingyan festival ceremony yesterday :biggrin: you should go to events like that too, there were many many Burmese people at there..
haha yeah.. feel free to inbox me if u need any help.. oh btw, i just went to thingyan festival ceremony yesterday :biggrin: you should go to events like that too, there were many many Burmese people at there..

wow cool! was it at London? no one dared to go out much in Yangon this year cuz there were rumours of splashing acid and bombs and stuff. I barely managed to celebrate. Hope I get to celebrate there next year though. I'm used to singing at Thingyan celebrations :smile:
Reply 23
wow cool! was it at London? no one dared to go out much in Yangon this year cuz there were rumours of splashing acid and bombs and stuff. I barely managed to celebrate. Hope I get to celebrate there next year though. I'm used to singing at Thingyan celebrations :smile:

Oh that's cool. Haha yeah rumours. Some of them are quite funny I must say lol Diluting the Mandalay moat with acid, genius :biggrin: Anyhoo, you went back for Easter. I'm jealous. I also went back I had to leave a day before thingyan. :/
Oh that's cool. Haha yeah rumours. Some of them are quite funny I must say lol Diluting the Mandalay moat with acid, genius :biggrin: Anyhoo, you went back for Easter. I'm jealous. I also went back I had to leave a day before thingyan. :/

Yup. That must suck. You should've stayed for thingyan even if it means staying at your home, watching tv lol.
Nah I didn't go back or anything. I haven't even been to England yet. I'll just be arriving this September (first time). Guess I'll be needing a lot of help adapting haha.
Reply 25
Yup. That must suck. You should've stayed for thingyan even if it means staying at your home, watching tv lol.
Nah I didn't go back or anything. I haven't even been to England yet. I'll just be arriving this September (first time). Guess I'll be needing a lot of help adapting haha.

You will get adapted in no time. Just go to London often and it won't fail to make you absolutely delighted. Which school did you attend in Burma btw?
You will get adapted in no time. Just go to London often and it won't fail to make you absolutely delighted. Which school did you attend in Burma btw?

I'm from ILBC till Sec 3. Then I transferred to the Diplomatic School, Yangon.
What about you? :smile:

But isn't travelling by train like really costly? I don't think I'll have too much time to spare though since I'm taking law =/
Reply 27
I'm from ILBC till Sec 3. Then I transferred to the Diplomatic School, Yangon.
What about you? :smile:

But isn't travelling by train like really costly? I don't think I'll have too much time to spare though since I'm taking law =/

Ohh ILBC.. I know many of the students from ILBC as I took IGCSE tutions at San Chaung. And there used to be quite a lot of them in my college as well. It's CTC, you might have heard before. In Burma, I was from Dagon 1, quit it to take IGCSE.

And it's true :biggrin: Law would make you too busy! Good luck with that!
Ohh ILBC.. I know many of the students from ILBC as I took IGCSE tutions at San Chaung. And there used to be quite a lot of them in my college as well. It's CTC, you might have heard before. In Burma, I was from Dagon 1, quit it to take IGCSE.

And it's true :biggrin: Law would make you too busy! Good luck with that!

Wow really? Which year did you take your O levels? I probably know a few from CTC =)
Reply 29
Wow really? Which year did you take your O levels? I probably know a few from CTC =)

Im studying at CTC now, i was from ILBC as well
Reply 30

2012 June. One of my friends could guess who you are by knowing that you transferred to DSY after sec 3. Do you happen to know Zeyar Myo Tin?
2012 June. One of my friends could guess who you are by knowing that you transferred to DSY after sec 3. Do you happen to know Zeyar Myo Tin?

lol. same batch. yeah we're friends :smile:

Original post by yAnnix
Im studying at CTC now, i was from ILBC as well

really? what's your real name? :biggrin:
maybe i'm your junior or senior or perhaps same batch.
Original post by sannyeinaung
Just introduce yourself and which uni you are going to. :smile:

Hello,
I'm Vivian Chin (Myatt Thiri May), from Yangon.
Currently attending Doverbroecks College, Oxford to finish up my A Levels, and hopefully going to Exeter/Aston Uni this fall :smile:
Alright. Minglarbar. Initially I wanted to study in the uk for an undergraduate degree but due to financial constraints I am studying University of London external degree in Economics and Finance instead. Hopefully I will do master's at LSE after my degree.I am based in yangon too although I travel often to Singapore. I am thinking of creating a youth group for overseas educated burmese who wants to contribute back to Myanmar. Would you be interested?
Hi my name is Nay Myo Thura.Now, I'm studying in university of sheffield. Is there anyone from Myanmar who is studying in university of sheffield.
Original post by Nay Myo Thura
Hi my name is Nay Myo Thura.Now, I'm studying in university of sheffield. Is there anyone from Myanmar who is studying in university of sheffield.

Hello. I’ll be studying in the university of sheffield starting this September!
Reply 36
hello I'm studying economics and finance in London South bank university . I'm from Myanmar too
anyone at or applying to brookes?

Quick Reply

Latest