The Student Room Group

44/45 points

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Heykki
In Britain, yes, but not necessarily in other countries. Isn't he from Japan :p:

Im not actually from Japan, Im just studying IB there (talk about an Odd place to be).Im originally british and looking into getting into a UK uni in the future.
I guess i have to pull my grades Up huh:redface: .
True...sometimes life is not fair.
I remember that when i first time heard that we will apply for uni. according to predict scores i felt a little bit surprised cuz this does not only depend on the real ability, but also depend on many other factors.
However,around me i know some very good students who got a 44 or 45 predict score and the fact is that they are really good and they deserve the predict score that they have been given.

What the standard of IB score for top US universities?

I have heard a version which said that 38+ was okay. but then my tutor told me that you cannot even apply Princeton if you are lower than 40...
Reply 42
the us admissions depend on many other factors as well. I guess 38 is pretty ok my counselor told me he knew a guy who got into harvard with 38 but then I think you have to be brilliant in everything else or at least you have to stand out in some really cool way...that guy was from the hong kong uwc so i guess he must have had great extracuricullars, also probably a very good personality and million other interests etc.
cool....i have heard that people from HK uwc are quite cool....

In fact i always feel that i dont know if i should make more effort in IB or in SAT coz they are both time-consumed and our time is so limited. For American uni. especially for Ivy it seems that SAT is really really important coz they have so many applicants they have to use a strict standard to cut many of them first.:frown:
Reply 44
locutionatoress
Although my predicted grades are somewhere near the realm of excellent, I often wonder if I will get what I deserve. There are so many extraneous factors (weather (yes, really), health, sleep-deprivation, food, noise) that the dependent variable of my IB grade is dubious at best.

Am I the only one to doubt my own capabilities in this board???

well that makes two of us
so many people here seem really confident but im not sure if i will even survive the ib course let alone pass it
i think i may have bitten off more than i can chew, anyway just to say that you are not alone
Reply 45
if your taking IB, the SATs SHOULD be a breeze.

SATs are generally more important for the states then the IBs though....

Having said that, I'm also not exactly very confident -_-. But good luck to all of you.
Reply 46
What is 44 points I got it for doing my level 1 electrical installation what grade is it for example distinction merit pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending