The Student Room Group

Frustration of architecture/life

So i am a second year BA architecture student Part 1, who was suppose to be going into my third year. Yet i messed up and have to redo the module again. However, because its my second attempt. I have to wait till the following year to complete the module. A waste of another year. I have had the same problem before in the past and is becoming increasingly frustrating. I know its only 1 module, however feels like im just not capable to get through this course.
Although, ill be honest i love doing architecture.

Should i give up all together or stick with it no matter how long it takes? :/
Original post by K.archi
I love doing architecture.

Dont give up.
You've got time, age is less of an issue at uni, just make sure you do work/work experience that year alongside the single module. Also, we all know part 1 is a joke, but learn from your mistakes, a pass should be a breeze if you're thinking about the boxes to find and tick.
Reply 3
Original post by Yellow_Watermelon
Dont give up.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Its surprising how well those simple three actually work :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by GormlessWonder
You've got time, age is less of an issue at uni, just make sure you do work/work experience that year alongside the single module. Also, we all know part 1 is a joke, but learn from your mistakes, a pass should be a breeze if you're thinking about the boxes to find and tick.

I plan to and thanks as well for the constructive advice. It was more due to my fustration, that i just want to graduate and get into my placement.
Reply 5
Original post by K.archi

A waste of another year.

Make use of this year.

Go through construction manuals: Deplazes, Constructing architecture
Learn more software Revit, Rhino, 3ds max
Improve drawing skills: Ruskin, The elements of drawing

Go and knock on architects' doors and say hi, can I come in the office for a month/3 weeks. Someone will take you.

So when you will go to 3rd year, you will be ahead of everyone else.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending