The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ahh, that happened to me a few years ago actually, my back and my head just got horrendously itchy! I've got no idea what it is or how to stop it, sorry, it doesn't happen anymore luckily.
Reply 2
I am pretty much stumped, although perhaps it could be a circulation issue? When you exercise, your heart rate increases and your stroke volume, and this increase could cause a reaction in you?

Best to visit your doctor, they'll be able to examine you and maybe run a few tests to get to the bottom of it.

Good luck! :smile:
sweat rash? heat rash? i get it sometimes when i sunbathe, although never when i exercise....you could try taking an antihisthamine?
Reply 4
Im not actually breaking into much of sweat when they start... is sweat rash painful? (its painful before I have to itch it like..)

thanks everyone still!
Reply 5
i had that, but it was because of sweat, i had a shower then continued. Try wearing a top made of a different material
Reply 6
RyanW67
Right, ello people...

This is a problem which happens once a while.

Does this happen when you're wearing the same type of clothes or is it indiscriminate?
Reply 7
I get heat rash on my legs when I run. I've just given up bothering about it and am used to it now. Not the sexiest thing ever, bright red legs, but as long as I don't scratch it or anything it goes when I stop.
Reply 8
Its not heat-rash, it used to happen to me just before I started sweating.
Reply 9
Well... it happens sometimes when im wearing shorts/tshirt... sometimes when Im topless.

I think someone told me it could be hyperventilating once.... anyone else familiar with this//?

cheers.
Reply 10
Hmmm. Try putting moisturiser on the previously painful/itchy areas before you work out and see if that makes any difference.
Reply 11
Sports scientists don't actually know what causes itching during exercising. Possibilities are, reactions to washing powder, sweat, clothing and maybe certain pollens from plants. Not very helpful I know, so just grin and bear it!!! what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger (so 'they' say)!
Reply 12
i get it on my forehead. stings like a bee.

Latest

Trending

Trending