The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I cracked my head open when i was in the Reception class at Infants school, after running around in the main hall, slipping and cracking my head against the corner of the piano.
Also, when I was 10 or 11 Kew hit me on the head with a sledgehammer. No joke - it was an accident though! We were cracking up old paving stones, and I crouched down to pick up some pieces, accidentally bringing my head in front of her sledgehammer just as she was bringing it down. I've still got the scar on my forehead. *Gives Kew evils* :p: only joking!
My teacher used to whoop the **** outta me and my mate in nursery, for anything really, and it affected us both differently. Until about the age of 17 I always assumed I was terrible at everything i did (she used to tell me that every day) and my mate, who was an able reader/writer, basically regressed to the point where he didn't learn anything for 3 or 4 years, and has had academic problems his whole life. Go figure. However, she then got sacked, divorced, had a breakdown, got cancer and died. So i reckon we're about even :biggrin: . However, never seemed to have problems from boxing or Thai Boxing, those were the things that gave me my confidence
Reply 22
Once a metal pole fell on my head and I didn't notice... My mother was hysterical (not laughing) and I had no idea why.
I guess that has affected me somehow. I'll find out one day.
Reply 23
Yes, I used to get hit round the head, but it was more common to get my bum, arm, legs, smacked lol. Don't think it did me much harm, but I still run and hide if my dads in a stress and comes towards me, and I'm 16! lol
Reply 24
goodLife
Just asking as I remember my dad slapping me hard above the ears at the front of the head a few ties and im wondering if its the reason I have anxiety and go into thses moods/state of minds where its hard to do anything. How do I know if its caused physical damage or am I over reacting?

You need to stop looking to find blame for your problems and you won't solve them until you do. It's unlikely that your Dad could cause these problems, a lot less likely than natural body chemistry. You're 15, right?
Reply 25
i didn't get smacked like that, but i did fall down the stairs and now have a nice scar on my forehead.. woo.
Amon.
parents still do occasionally, never did me any harm.

and your name is Lady Muck! :rolleyes:

I was thinking the SAME thing
I wasn't hit on the head, lol smacked my arm though!
But my dad, he got hit really bad by my granddad, and once my grandad slapped him so hard around his ear, and that's why my dad's got a bit of a hearing problem, you used to have to wear a hearing aid when he was little, but it's aite now, though it's still not perfect.

Latest

Trending

Trending