The Student Room Group

Social Work 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Becs1105
Ah me too. Well perhaps they'll send you something on Monday you never know. Oh and I saw your Liverpool Hope post if you want any info on Liverpool or Ormskirk I grew up really near Edge Hill so I'm happy to help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thankyou! :smile:
Reply 81
Anytime good luck with your interviews!! Both Hope and Edge Hill are really nice. They're small campuses and really friendly. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Good luck with yours too! :biggrin:
Hiya!

I just wondered if you could recommend any reading material to look at before interviews? A little worried about how much they'll want me to kneel. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i caant even remember i read for mine lol. Just get to grips with some basic social work theories. I bought a book called Modern Social Work Theories by Malcolm Payne...he is a fantastic author and worth buying tbh :smile:
Reply 84
Anyone know any websites for social work books? Cheap ones Haha!
Reply 85
Original post by ljohn9
Anyone know any websites for social work books? Cheap ones Haha!

Check Amazon :smile: Its usually quite cheap! Or ebay
Reply 86
Original post by finally-somesense
Good luck with doing them! What do you have planned? x

I am becoming a playworker for my local council, working on a hospital ward and in a primary school class :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Sheridan95
I have an interview at UCLan on the 19th, what was it like?

I have an interview on the 19th too! so nervous! sure itll be okay though :/ x
Original post by Simsim1211
I am becoming a playworker for my local council, working on a hospital ward and in a primary school class :smile:

Sounds good! :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by lilydeee
I have an interview on the 19th too! so nervous! sure itll be okay though :/ x

How did it go? i got a conditional offer. i've also got offered a conditional offer at Huddersfield and i was unsuccessful at Edge hill.
Reply 90
How did it go? i got a conditional offer. i've also got offered a conditional offer at Huddersfield and i was unsuccessful at Edge hill.

Hiya,

Just wondered when you heard from Edge Hill? I sent my application off mid November and still have heard anything! Was your conditional from UCLan? I have an offer for there too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

I was unsuccessful at Edge Hill too! I found out this morning! :frown: Its the only one I have heard back from so my confidence is slightly knocked :frown:

Well done on your offers though!
Reply 92
Original post by KerryF94
I was unsuccessful at Edge Hill too! I found out this morning! :frown: Its the only one I have heard back from so my confidence is slightly knocked :frown:

Well done on your offers though!

Apparently there admin is a bit rubbish and they've been known to make mistakes!! So perhaps worth a phone call to get some feedback!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Apparently there admin is a bit rubbish and they've been known to make mistakes!! So perhaps worth a phone call to get some feedback!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They send feedback in 10 days apparently! :frown:
Reply 94
I just got a letter from Queens Belfast saying that I have to do a second personal statement! Arghh so excited!
Reply 95
Original post by KerryF94
I just got a letter from Queens Belfast saying that I have to do a second personal statement! Arghh so excited!

Yay good for you! Would you prefer to stay in NI? I just got an interview from edge hill. They seem really thorough. They want a second reference and the process seems a little intense. Have you heard from Liverpool Hope yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Yay good for you! Would you prefer to stay in NI? I just got an interview from edge hill. They seem really thorough. They want a second reference and the process seems a little intense. Have you heard from Liverpool Hope yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would prefer to stay in NI yeah :smile:
Reply 97
heard from lancaster yesterday :biggrin: i now have conditional offers from lancaster, leeds and keele :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by glmoody1
heard from lancaster yesterday :biggrin: i now have conditional offers from lancaster, leeds and keele :biggrin:

What was your interview at Lancaster like? Seems like you've done really well!! Congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Hiya,

Just wondered when you heard from Edge Hill? I sent my application off mid November and still have heard anything! Was your conditional from UCLan? I have an offer for there too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard from Edge hill on the 12th, yeah my conditional was from UCLan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest