The Student Room Group

Nursing at Kingston Sept 2013 intake

Hey Guys!

Accepted a place for Adult nursing at Kingston for september 2013 intake this week. Can relax now till september.....or until it's a mad panic about paper work lol.

Is anyone else going? :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done! I sent off my application today! When was your interview? How long did it take the universities to get back to you? Is it realistic to hear back or maybe even have an interview before Christmas? :smile:
Reply 2
Well done! How was the interview? I've got one for postgrad on the 7th December, really nervous!!
Reply 3
Hey! It took about a week for them to ask me to an interview :smile: the interview was really relaxed and people who had applied for the post graduate were in it.
Kingston said they did interviews every Wednesday and Friday and they only close for 2 weeks over Christmas, so I would assume they get back to you quick.
Don't be too nervous :smile: it wasn't that scary! The interviewers were really nice. They start by registering you, then give you the numeracy test followed by the English test then the essay. Only had 20 minutes for the essay! Then you have lecture about the course. Finally they take out people who failed the tests or made a mistake with some paper work. After a lunch you go into groups but are interviewed individually by 5 different people at 5 mins each. So you get 5 shots to make a good impression. They ask/put you situations that link to abilities needed in nursing.
After that we were allowed to go.

If you're nervous, try and talk to other applicants. It made me feel more relaxed :smile: hope it helps!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Has just received an Email invitation from Kingston. Have an interview on the 14th December!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Y_123456
Has just received an Email invitation from Kingston. Have an interview on the 14th December!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I am so nervous about mine!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Clairet88
Well done! I am so nervous about mine!!!

Thank you~When is yours?
Sorted out all the documents I need to bring and made photocopies today. Can't wait but I am nervous too. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
When did you send off your application?
Reply 8
Original post by Lisa89
When did you send off your application?

I sent mine on the 13th November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Y_123456
Thank you~When is yours?
Sorted out all the documents I need to bring and made photocopies today. Can't wait but I am nervous too. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is 7th December.... Not long! Just need to work out how to get copies of my certificates when I don't have them on me :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Clairet88
Mine is 7th December.... Not long! Just need to work out how to get copies of my certificates when I don't have them on me :s-smilie:

A week earlier than mine. Good luck this Friday! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Has anyone got interview on 14 dec ? i am really nervous as its my first interview and have no clue what to prepare :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by yuiyui
Has anyone got interview on 14 dec ? i am really nervous as its my first interview and have no clue what to prepare :frown:

I can let you know after mine this Friday :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by yuiyui

Mine is on the 14th! :biggrin:
Haven't started revising yet because I had to prepare for my mock exams. What are you going to wear to the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Good luck to people having a. Interview tomorrow! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
okays please do :frown: and have you prepared anything ?
my friends were saying group interviews are really hard as they ask you weird questions :frown:
Reply 16
same i don't even know what to prepare like :frown:
My friends said they ask you weird question giving you scenario :/
and i dont know ' what about you ? what you going to wear ? :smile:
Reply 17
I had my interview today, I think it went OK, I managed to pass the exams (probably by the skin of my teeth for the maths!) I was the only postgraduate there and out of 30 people there was only 2 wanting to study childrens nursing!

The maths was tough but if you revise the sample exam you should be OK, the English was fine. The 6 interviews were a little weird and quite hard but once the first is over it gets easier.

Really liked the look of the university, now for the tough part.... the waiting! Fingers crossed!
Reply 18
oh what did they ask you Like ? :frown:
i am like super nervous and still haven't finished preparing. please help' and i have applied for adult nurse btw :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by yuiyui
same i don't even know what to prepare like :frown:
My friends said they ask you weird question giving you scenario :/
and i dont know ' what about you ? what you going to wear ? :smile:

Oh no, not good at scenarios. =/
My mum said I should wear something casual, the usual I wear to sixth form, but I feel they are a little bit informal, so I will probably go for white shirt and black/navy trousers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending