Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind if we went in for Honda, he looked good for Japan last night and is available on a free transfer. From what I know he can play behind the striker or as a cm so that would suit us well.

ReputationRep:
    Reliable twitter source saying its near enough done

(Original post by ledleyking123)
      Said reliable source being?

ReputationRep:
      A massive part of me wants us to sign Thiago, but a very small part doesn't want it to happen, just so I can see the reaction from ledleyking123.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by qasidb)
      A massive part of me wants us to sign Thiago, but a very small part doesn't want it to happen, just so I can see the reaction from ledleyking123.
      I would cry tbh

ReputationRep:
      I would cry tbh
      You already are

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rohitbd)
      If we get Thiago it would be the best signing for us since Ronaldo, a player of his class for 15mil is so cheap, Hazard, Moura, Martinez, Oscar, Gotze and Neymar have gone for more than double and Thiago is on par with them, De Gea has to work his charm to convince him to come, Moyes best not wait till July 1st, he should try and sign him as soon as possible.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread...antara/page425

This is a good read and they constantly update the status on Thiago.
      Why is there a UnitedDirect link on a Barca forum?

ReputationRep:
      That Barca forums layout and colour scheme make my eyes bleed
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Twitter says it? Oh it must be true then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      De Gea:

"Hopefully I will have a Spanish team-mate at United next season. I, and every other Manchester United player, would like him to join the club," De Gea was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.

"We have been joking about him joining United. Barcelona will realise that they have a great player, though, and I don't think they will let him go."

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Idle)
      De Gea:

"Hopefully I will have a Spanish team-mate at United next season. I, and every other Manchester United player, would like him to join the club," De Gea was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.

"We have been joking about him joining United. Barcelona will realise that they have a great player, though, and I don't think they will let him go."
      Barcelona have no control over this though do they? Its all the player and whether he wants to go and if he does we're helpless to stop that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Malevolent)
      Barcelona have no control over this though do they? Its all the player and whether he wants to go and if he does we're helpless to stop that.
      How many years has he got left on his Barca contract?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 419)
      How many years has he got left on his Barca contract?
      2 years I think it was 2015 it ends?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Malevolent)
      From what I understand if he wants to go this summer and the buy out clause is hit we can take him yes. I can only assume he means Barca will promise him game time or more money.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Idle)
      From what I understand if he wants to go this summer and the buy out clause is hit we can take him yes. I can only assume he means Barca will promise him game time or more money.
      I dunno I can understand why he would be reluctant. A lot of talk the youngsters are unhappy because Vilanova hasn't given them a chance.

ReputationRep:

Poor guy can't escape it anywhere

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Idle)
      He wants to make the world cup squad so wants game time, and to play in the big games. Barca can't really offer him that at the moment with their midfield, we can.

ReputationRep:
      1 Week old interview of thiago, doesn't deny the news.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4uzEcwuwQ

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rohitbd)
      1 Week old interview of thiago, doesn't deny the news.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v4uzEcwuwQ
      Anyone know how he speaks english so well? Maybe he has been learning in anticipation of a move away from barcelona?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Brainiac)
      Anyone know how he speaks english so well? Maybe he has been learning in anticipation of a move away from barcelona?
      A lot of Europeans speak fluent English.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.